Hi, folks!

I have a HUGE problem; actually, I have come to realize that it's a pretty common problem plaguing most 9900/9930 users.

Well, my BB9930 died while it was being charged (using a wall charger, just clarifying since the type of charger- USB or wall- seems to make a difference) some ..4 months ago. I left it lying around because.. I was tight up with college assignments. Then about a month ago, my bf suggested fixing it, I searched around online for ways to fix the problem; boy, there were many variations. The one solution that worked for me THEN was just plugging the device to the computer, opening the DM software, and then clicking on "update." For some weird reason, trying the same method doesn't work. I think I am tired of trying to find a solution...

Will a kind soul please direct me to the holy grail once and for all? And, maybe, suggest what I should/shouldn't do to avoid the same problem from occurring again for the third time...

Any kind of help is appreciated. Thankyou.
    06-22-12 11:08 PM
    The warranty is one year from date of purchase. Since the phone was released 8/2011, it's safe to assume you're still under warranty. But you know who knows? Your carrier. And they don't browse these forums giving out account information.
    06-23-12 02:37 AM
    Soo.. is my warranty voided since I have an unlocked 9930?
    06-23-12 03:15 PM
    Soo.. is my warranty voided since I have an unlocked 9930?
    No. Verizon even offers unlocking to its customers. You did purchase it from them, right?
    06-23-12 06:28 PM
    No. Verizon even offers unlocking to its customers. You did purchase it from them, right?
    Uhm, no. I bought it off Ebay actually.

06-23-12 06:36 PM
    Then yes, your warranty is essentially non existent. The carrier is not obligated to honor the manufactures warranty of a device not purchased through therm.
    06-23-12 06:48 PM
    Then yes, your warranty is essentially non existent. The carrier is not obligated to honor the manufactures warranty of a device not purchased through therm.
    But, doesn't the fact that the original owner bought it from them mean anything?
    Last edited by daintylady; 06-23-12 at 07:51 PM.
    06-23-12 07:45 PM
    But, doesn't the fact that the original owner bought it from them mean anything?
    No. You would have to go through RIM. See what they can do.
    06-23-12 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD