i started to play Lara Croft --great game btw-- on my playbook, at 79% charge, auto-dim on, and the brightness was set at half way. i could only end up playing the game for an hour and a half before the tablet turned off.

i got worried and i thought that maybe my battery is losing its "life" but i checked its status (battery guru) and its sitting at 86%

is anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    06-22-12 02:43 PM
    That doesn't sound right to me. I would charge it up to 100% and leave battery guru running next time you play. I don't think the PB can draw enough power from the batteries to drain them that fast.
    06-22-12 02:50 PM
    It's a graphically intense game. Same thing happens on the iPad.
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-22-12 02:51 PM
    i always play lara croft but never ever had a problem with my battery life.
    06-22-12 03:03 PM
    Better title would be "My PB's battery life is depressing.

I haven't tried Lara Croft, but with NFS and Deep Space I've been able to play an hour or so and still have 40% to 50% left from a fairly full battery. I've never really checked specific numbers as I've never really had a need to. I won't throw out an opinion as I don't know how hard L Croft draws compared to the others.
    06-22-12 03:19 PM
    DARN IT, I was just getting ready to play "Lara Croft" before I read this post......thanks for the heads up
    06-22-12 03:43 PM
    Thats pretty quick battery drain. I havnt tried that game so i have no opinion
    06-22-12 04:33 PM
    If you could go from 75% to 0% in 1 1/2 hours then from 100% would be 2 hours. If I understand this battery stuff correctly, you would have to be using 9W for two hours straight to drain the batteries. That's way off the battery guru charts. I rarley see spikes of 5W. I just don't think the PB is capable of drawing 9W.
    I'm curious if anyone else is able to drain the battery that fast.
    06-22-12 05:20 PM
    I play Plants VS Zombies a lot & the back gets hot and battery life is bad.
    06-22-12 08:06 PM
    I am no fanboy. My Playbook's battery life impresses me. I watch a full movie and it barely dents the thing. I love that I know I can use it for many many hours and not worry on long trips. My laptop is dead after one HD flick.
    06-22-12 08:51 PM
    I don't know about game play but I keep both of my tablets the ipad3 and play book in the same case. The usage is a bit heavier on the playbook.
    I find the life of the tablets the same except my playbook charges faster with the docking station than my iPad does
    06-22-12 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD