Hi all, I am having an annoying issue since upgrading the software to my BBM last month.

After a week all my text messages are deleted, despite me having set to keep forever. This is really really annoying!

I checked my Blackberry protect data archive, and on the 15th May (or there about) I had 241, now, I have 153 and I never delete them. If I restore this back up (15th May) will it delete my current messages and any ideas on how to solve this problem for good??
    06-22-12 07:48 AM
    If I understand correctly keep 'forever' means for as long as there is available memory.

as the phone runs low on RAM over the course of regular usage it will start removing messages.

to keep messages for as long as possible you probably need to reboot the phone reguarly (perhaps daily ?, I have no experience with the 9900, but for my 9000 I reboot daily)
    06-22-12 09:35 AM
    You need to do a battery pull after certain setting changes or they won't take. It might show that keep forever is selected, but sometimes it won't be until after you reboot.
    06-22-12 06:39 PM
    You need to do a battery pull after certain setting changes or they won't take. It might show that keep forever is selected, but sometimes it won't be until after you reboot.
    i've never had that happen before, anything that needs a reboot always says it for me
    06-22-12 08:54 PM
    i had this happen on one of mt bolds, i was the memory. i set everything to save in the sd card, restarted the phone and it was fine
    06-22-12 10:18 PM
    If I understand correctly keep 'forever' means for as long as there is available memory.

as the phone runs low on RAM over the course of regular usage it will start removing messages.
    I may be wrong, but since when are texts saved to RAM? RAM is used to run programs, maybe what you ment was an internal storage memory By the way I have the same problem, after a while I notice that older sms texts appear green (like a concept) with the name of sender, but no content I'm using 9700.
    06-22-12 10:22 PM
    I also see the empty older texts.
    06-22-12 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD