I just read an article over at N4BB.com saying that the hardware for the first device, and the keyboard version are complete and possibly ready for release in the first half of september.

http://n4bb.com/exclusive-blackberry-10-hardware-schedule-rim-gave-color/
    06-21-12 10:51 AM
    Welcome news indeed. I wonder if the Crackberry team here can confirm that.

(With cigar in the mouth) Sorry to say boys, but you've been scooped.
    06-21-12 10:56 AM
    Will believe it when I see it and hold it. Be great if they are but they can't be missing things that need to be waited on.
    OniBerry likes this.
    06-21-12 10:57 AM
    I am hopeful but taking all of this [SPECULATION] with a grain of salt.
    06-21-12 10:59 AM
    Wow, this is great news! I'm going crazy for waiting to get one of this. Even September release is still too long for me. I want it now! July or August release would be perfect...
    06-21-12 11:08 AM
    I really hope this is true, it is so encouraging to read it's actually here. I really think RIM should aim for a september release. Any later, and I think it is just too late. No matter how good it is.
    06-21-12 11:09 AM
    I don't doubt the hardware is ready. But I do doubt the readiness of the software.
    kevinnugent and peter9477 like this.
    06-21-12 11:16 AM
    This is amazing and the article is great...says they will release another colour thats not typical of RIM, so hopefully they have choices at launch! andddd also they said the hardware is ready and they are waiting to put the "finishing touches" on the OS, which means they are very close to finishing that as well...I think they will be done the OS by the middle of July, and will be doing internal testing for a month, and by Mid-August announce it to the world and announce the release date to be right during back to school or a week after...this seems like they are aiming for this timeline...also I love how they are stating this...

"Additionally, it was told to us that what the world has seen thus far of BlackBerry 10 is only scratching the surface of all the features planned in its final release."

I love seeing this because I always thought BB10 will be insanely powerful and blow away the competition and this is just adding to my belief that it will!! I can not wait!!! alsoooo i read another article on BB10 from N4BB saying that they believe that the minimized apps will have functionality while minimized, like the minimized music app you can still switch songs or pause/play right from within the minimized app rather than having to go into the app itself! if it has this functionality then BB10 will absolutely blow away the competition as it adds widget like functionality like Android in a much simpler fashion as its your favourite apps running rather than pages of widgets and not the app itself...this is just exciting and I can not wait to see a further in depth preview and announcement by RIM about BB10!
    06-21-12 11:18 AM
    I prefer just black please or brushed metal. No bright fruity colors, except as options.
    06-21-12 11:34 AM
    Actually this is not hard to believe. I live in waterloo area and have tested a advance BB10 os device, so I am sure it's on schedule for released. It's been 2 months since then
    06-21-12 11:40 AM
    Actually this is not hard to believe. I live in waterloo area and have tested a advance BB10 os device, so I am sure it's on schedule for released. It's been 2 months since then
    You have TESTED bb10 devies? how are they different from previews that we have seen? but thats awesome!
    06-21-12 11:42 AM
    I just read an article over at N4BB.com saying that the hardware for the first device, and the keyboard version are complete and possibly ready for release in the first half of september.
    Hardware is the easy part. Just ask Steven Sinofsky, president of the Windows division at Microsoft.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oTrWPqS4Kxk[/YT]
    06-21-12 11:46 AM
    How did you get to test this?! I live not far from the RIM buildings, I would love to get a shot!
    06-21-12 12:07 PM
    Rock on!!

Colors? Yea!

Kevin, how did you get scooped? Playing with Android phones too much methinks!
    06-21-12 12:07 PM
    I'm sure Kevin is still stuck with Android phone and forgot about Blackberry.
    ayekon likes this.
    06-21-12 12:18 PM
    SPECULATION.
    Maybe the details are true

: "While at the BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour event in NYC, we learned that some aspects of the BlackBerry 10 operating system were not live demos, but an emulated version wrapped as an app. "

I believe that. IN every media picture / video we see the same things. even a year ago the leaks were justtt the same old . For the past 2 years RIM hasn't told anyone about BB10, and showed frustratingly less.
    06-21-12 12:24 PM
    that Windows video was hilarious...the guy kept going hoping the tablet will recover but that wasn't the case...and what was with the sneakers and jeans look? Is that part of the new young and hip Microsoft? or is it a lame attempt to copy the lame image of Apple?
    on to the thread subject...sorry but I don't believe any rumors and I don't believe RIM has a BB10 device until I see one in my hand . Also, I just watched a video over on AndroidCentral showing the USB capabilities of SG III (you can connect external HD or mouse and keyboard to that phone); that would be a sweet feature to have on BB10
    06-21-12 12:27 PM
    The timing of the release of this device really does not matter to me. What matters is that
    it is released with as few hardware / software flaws as possible. Anything less than that and
    it will be a failure and RIM simply cannot afford that.

I'd rather them take the extra time to get the thing right than try to trump their competitors
    with an early release of a half baked product.
    06-21-12 12:33 PM
    That could be good or bad. They want to limit the experience to what has already been revealed rather than allowing some one to delve deeper in a hands-on demo.

So just because it's the same demo as 1.5 months ago and appears very incomplete does not mean that the current RIM-internal status is very incomplete.

That said, I'm a little worried at how long it will take RIM to get the new device qualified at carriers. Bold 9900 was shown (with hands on demos in an essentially complete state IIRC) in early May 2011, but was not available to buyers until late August.

With BB10 hopefully they're just doing better at keeping it under wraps but shouldn't we get some leaks once it goes to the carriers? (why doesn't Apple suffer leaks during carrier testing BTW?)

: "While at the BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour event in NYC, we learned that some aspects of the BlackBerry 10 operating system were not live demos, but an emulated version wrapped as an app. "
    06-21-12 12:53 PM
    With BB10 hopefully they're just doing better at keeping it under wraps but shouldn't we get some leaks once it goes to the carriers? (why doesn't Apple suffer leaks during carrier testing BTW?)
    Apple ends up having phones lost at bars and such..
    06-21-12 01:04 PM
    I question the Qualcomm chipset part...I thought they were waiting for the TI OMAP 5.
    HUNTZODIAC and Knightcrawler like this.
    06-21-12 01:04 PM
    I sure hope this is not another rushed product.
    06-21-12 01:08 PM
    K-Mich needs to get on this asap instead of playing around with his HTC One X and hanging out at Android Central.
    06-21-12 01:33 PM
    And it had better have Skype.

rigwrecker likes this.
    06-21-12 01:36 PM
    I question the Qualcomm chipset part...I thought they were waiting for the TI OMAP 5.
    Even if they use OMAP, the cellular chipset/modem would likely be Qualcomm because the OMAP does not have the cellular stuff built in.
    leafs123, ayekon and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-21-12 01:37 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD