I decided to leave the Blackberry Torch for the Samsung Galaxy Note. Now, I am going back to Blackberry. Android isn't faster, like I was told. If anything, I find it lags.
    06-19-12 04:12 PM
    Lol I find it extremely hard to believe that the Note isn't faster than a Torch. Does your Torch not lag at all? I have used all the OS7 devices and they all lag. All devices lag with enough stress.

Have fun with the Torch.

Also, don't base your opinion of Android off of one device. Especially when you probably weren't on the most current version, and you are using a heavily modified (skinned) version of Android. Stock ICS is super fast.
    06-19-12 04:53 PM
    1st why are you posting this in the Android section?
    2nd I'm leaving Blackberry for an android....
    3rd we'll turn this into a constructive thread for this section of the forum...Nexus,S3 or an HTC phone? I'm thinkin HTC so I don't have radio issues?
    Greenghost likes this.
    06-19-12 08:45 PM
    Just saying this is why there is a Switching Devices thread in the General Discussion. It would be better if you explain your experience rather than coming off as trolling. No matter what phone or electronic item you have it will always have some type of "lag".
    06-19-12 09:54 PM
    Thank u and I REALLY find it hard to believe any Bob device is faster than s note

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    06-20-12 09:59 AM
    OP, I believe you when you say that android lags and BlackBerry is faster.
    06-20-12 10:02 AM
    Well gee whiz, my HTC Vivid has these [email protected]. [email protected]. Ping@69ms. I guess that i'm "lagging". OP: If you want to go back to BB, that's fine. They make good phones. But please don't use a lame excuse to justify your decision.
    06-20-12 12:16 PM
    Well gee whiz, my HTC Vivid has these [email protected]. [email protected]. Ping@69ms. I guess that i'm "lagging". OP: If you want to go back to BB, that's fine. They make good phones. But please don't use a lame excuse to justify your decision.
    +1

06-20-12 12:58 PM
    OP, I believe you when you say that android lags and BlackBerry is faster.
    And its a unicorn in yo backyard too quick go catch it lol

06-20-12 12:58 PM
    So 4g Internet Speed is the only requirement to establish lag? Therefore any not 4g device lags no matter who makes it.
    06-20-12 01:32 PM
    So 4g Internet Speed is the only requirement to establish lag? Therefore any not 4g device lags no matter who makes it.
    Last time i checked, the Galaxy Note was a 4G phone.
    06-20-12 03:17 PM
    Last time i checked, the Galaxy Note was a 4G phone.
    And? I was making a comment on

This is telling me you're talking about internet speed and not lag that can be associated with being laggy but as far as the OS download, upload and ping don't have much to do with that.

Now if you tell me that when you're switching between running programs or writing an email, playing a video etc. switching in and out and zero lag then I say you have an argument. Comparing a 3g phone as laggy compared to a 4g phone isn't a comparison. If you compare the OS for laggyness then it's a comparison.
    06-20-12 03:53 PM
    And? I was making a comment on

This is telling me you're talking about internet speed and not lag that can be associated with being laggy but as far as the OS download, upload and ping don't have much to do with that.

Now if you tell me that when you're switching between running programs or writing an email, playing a video etc. switching in and out and zero lag then I say you have an argument. Comparing a 3g phone as laggy compared to a 4g phone isn't a comparison. If you compare the OS for laggyness then it's a comparison.
    My Vivid doesn't lag at all, under any circumstance that i've used it. As far as i know, the Note is supposed to be a step above the Vivid, hence my statement.
    06-20-12 05:36 PM
    Whatever makes you happy.
    06-21-12 02:13 AM
    My impression with my first Android was that Motor Blur on my Atrix made my phone laggy. Once I removed Motor Blur and used Launcher Pro, the device felt like an entirely new device.

My Skyrocket, which doesn't have Motor Blur, is blazing fast.

It is possible that different skins laid on top of Android might cause it to lag.

That said, my personal preference is for BB. If I had to do without one of the two I would give up my Android. And before giving up my Android I would give up my iPhone.
    BLu likes this.
    06-21-12 10:12 AM
    It really does lag! I switched too (still aren't back yet ) but it lags and I find it glitchy. The OS feels like a beta or tester. Doesn't feel refined.
    06-29-12 02:15 PM
    user. Sorry about your experience. Mine has been different. Both of the notes I've had have been lag free, smooth, and super fast. This has been the fastest phone I've owned and used.
    06-29-12 02:47 PM
    Giving up the note for the Torch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-01-12 11:01 PM
    I couldn't believe Sammy put gingerbread and not ics on the note, and i didn't like how it ran. Also screensize is too big. I fell for the sgs3, burnt the early upgrade I was saving for iphone 5. I figure worst case is I can sell my 4 and SGS if i want it bad enough.

I can't imagine going from note to torch though. After 2 days my iphone seems tiny. I had a customer and fellow WebOS enthusiast bring me his palm pixi to play around with... Its tiny! I imagine the torch would feel the same way after the note lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    07-02-12 01:48 AM
    OK that's the best part of Android if u are tired of gingerbread just root and flash the many ics roms out there don't have to wait on slow carrier updates

07-04-12 12:33 AM
    OK that's the best part of Android if u are tired of gingerbread just root and flash the many ics roms out there don't have to wait on slow carrier updates

See, that's the problem with Android. If I really want a good experience I have to root and flash and have sex with the fcuking device to make sure it works the way it was intended. Why can't I just get an Android phone and just have it work?

I know, I know, I can just get a Nexus device, which I do have, but still, but I'm talking just in general, for someone out there who can't get a Nexus device and doesn't know how to root and flash roms.
    07-04-12 07:59 AM
    I think that Android devices work fine for the most part. I think that Android users get frustrated with the update model to the most current OS. Just about every Android device I have had worked as it was supposed to. It it didn't, there was usually an update shortly after to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-04-12 10:30 AM
    Yep. My Nexus is working as intended. I'm not having "sex" with it either.
    07-04-12 12:59 PM
    Just a while back the Torch was voted on as the worst phone ever by numerous tech blogs and reviewers.
    07-04-12 01:16 PM
    Yep. My Nexus is working as intended. I'm not having "sex" with it either.
    Lol. I didn't understand his comment about that as well. Seemed odd.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-05-12 07:02 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD