I'm going to update to 7.1 and order some NFC tags by weeks end if I don't hear an official word from AT&T soon re: 7.1.

I emailed the guy responsible for Nor-Cal and Reno. He sent me a nice letter letting me know they had more 4G coverage in my area and that they really care about what their customers think etc. I've been tweeting @att almost daily and was "helped" by a twitter att rep @atttatiana and @attnatasha (both who really were dudes), and still have got no real response. But that doesn't worry me.

What worries me is the sick and devious tests they might be performing on 7.1 right this second. Are they pulling its toenails with pliers? Submitting it to chinese water torture? The LSAT? It's driving me insane!

Anyone know what kinds of "tests" AT&T is performing on 7.1 for the 9900? For the 9810?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-19-12 04:17 AM
    I'm going to update to 7.1 and order some NFC tags by weeks end if I don't hear an official word from AT&T soon re: 7.1.

I emailed the guy responsible for Nor-Cal and Reno. He sent me a nice letter letting me know they had more 4G coverage in my area and that they really care about what their customers think etc. I've been tweeting @att almost daily and was "helped" by a twitter att rep @atttatiana and @attnatasha (both who really were dudes), and still have got no real response. But that doesn't worry me.

What worries me is the sick and devious tests they might be performing on 7.1 right this second. Are they pulling its toenails with pliers? Submitting it to chinese water torture? The LSAT? It's driving me insane!

Anyone know what kinds of "tests" AT&T is performing on 7.1 for the 9900? For the 9810?
    Water Boarding?
    06-19-12 10:23 AM
    Toothpicks in the eyelids? *just sayin*
    mikelcal likes this.
    06-19-12 10:32 AM
    Dude.. stop waiting on AT&T. Just update. AT&T will take months to get any updates out. 7.1 has been proven for months. Just update.
    06-19-12 10:51 AM
    they waited forever to update the Bold 9000 to OS5 which made a huge difference with that phone. not sure why they are holding out on 7.1, it works a lot better then 7 especially with battery life. seems like they're doing it for a reason, just not sure what it is.

maybe they want to sell more Androids and Iphones which take up more data so people have to pay more for data plans? I get by fine on the lowest 300mb plan each month with my BB and that's an upgrade from the 200mb i was getting by with fine each month.
    06-19-12 11:02 AM
    I would be willing to bet that AT&T is not even looking at 7.1

New OS costs money and AT&T is not know for being in the lead on new OS.

Being a long time AT&T user, this is what they do, or don't do.
    06-19-12 12:41 PM
    If you keep waiting for AT&T to come out with a tried and tested version of 7.1, then you may as well either;

Switch carriers (Although I do not understand why you do not upgrade your OS from another carrier's OS)

Download and install an official version (but different carrier) of the 7.1 OS you want to use.

By the time AT&T comes out with their version BB10 will also be out.
    06-19-12 12:42 PM
    You are probably safe putting the Rogers 7.1.0.391 on an AT&T phone, as I am sure there are lots of Rogers customers roaming into the AT&T network without any problems. If the OS did cause problems with roaming on the AT&T network, Rogers would probably not have released it or pulled it.
    06-19-12 01:23 PM
    I'd completely recommend .378 from Mobilicity. It's tried, tested and true and does not charge for hotspots. Works like a charm and is an "official" upgrade as opposed to a leak--which is really the same thing. If you can't find the link, reply/post and we'll send it to you. I understand that .391 is also excellent with no issues either, but not sure about the hotspot with them--or how important it is to you. AT&T will probably never come out with 7.1 and if they do, by that time someone will post a "7.2" on here. Good luck and let us know if you need help.
    06-19-12 01:32 PM
    I don't know what they are doing with the update. Either they are changing it so that some of the features aren't free (NFC, Internet Tethering, etc.) or they are trying to make us hate our phones so much that we just switch to an iPhone. I'm considering switching to Verizon. They also made it difficult to replace my phone when it was having a problem with the trackpad, and they almost didn't replace it at all even though I had a warranty on my device.
    06-19-12 03:57 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably load the Rogers OS. I saw OS 7.1.0.523 released this week, but I've been reading some negative bits on it... Its not like I've never done an OS update, but its always a pain in the A to restore apps and settings and whatnot even with full backup...I'll see how it goes..
    06-23-12 06:10 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably load the Rogers OS. I saw OS 7.1.0.523 released this week, but I've been reading some negative bits on it... Its not like I've never done an OS update, but its always a pain in the A to restore apps and settings and whatnot even with full backup...I'll see how it goes..
    I'm on AT&T running Rogers .391 and it is rock solid for me.

I see no reason to upgrade just yet.
    mikelcal likes this.
    06-23-12 06:21 PM
    Confirmed! downloading 7.1.0.391 now

Now where can i get some NFC tags?
    06-23-12 06:27 PM
    I'm on AT&T running Rogers .391 and it is rock solid for me.

I see no reason to upgrade just yet.
    Does hotspot work?
    06-23-12 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD