Whats everybody think about the future used phone prices as BB10 devices hit the market? I had always said I was buying the first BB10 that came out but depending on what ATT may or may not do in the near future with their current pricing structure will weigh heavy on my decision to get the first BB10 device. If ATT does as Verizon has done and not allow their unlimited customers to keep their plans when they upgrade if they want to get the discounted price then I probably will not be getting the first BB10 and instead will default to a top of the line OS7 device ( 9810 9900 9860) which may be supported for another 6 months to a year at most.
    06-18-12 07:25 PM
    Used BB7 prices will hold their market value just as used BB6 devices did for 6-8 months,

if your market had 9800's for 400 before the 9810, they probably fell to 250-300 after the 9810 and stayed that way until 9810's started hitting the 350-400 range.

as for keeping legacy unlimited plans, I think the days are really numbered for users
    Just like Bell Canada did with the moving from a CDMA plan to a GSM plan many lost their unlimited data, the same will happen from GSM to LTE plans
    06-18-12 07:34 PM
    Over here in Malaysia, BB phones lose their value faster than any phone out there. I paid USD450 for my 9860 barely 4 months ago. If I sell it today, I get USD100, tops.
    06-18-12 08:20 PM
    It will take a while for BB 10 devices to gain market share and the older devices wil be around for a few years. If BB 10 is not a success then that would be a different story it would probably be the beginning of the end for rim. But from what I see it show be a show stopper in the smart phone marked!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-18-12 08:24 PM
    Well, I've listed my relatively-new 9850 starting at $219 on eBay, and not a sniff so far after four days.
    06-18-12 08:34 PM
    as for Verizon customers, I don't think that will be an option. You will need to activate a used 3G device and choose the data plan, hence losing your unlimited or other plan.
    Only on the newer 4G phones can you escape activation of a phone. They work just by swapping out the sim card. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. So I will be looking to pay more on the used market to buy my 4G BB10 phone. I will avoid losing my current data plan at all costs.
    06-18-12 08:44 PM
    as for Verizon customers, I don't think that will be an option. You will need to activate a used 3G device and choose the data plan, hence losing your unlimited or other plan.
    Only on the newer 4G phones can you escape activation of a phone. They work just by swapping out the sim card. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. So I will be looking to pay more on the used market to buy my 4G BB10 phone. I will avoid having to go to the more expensive plans if at all costs.
    $50 for 1GB? are you kidding me?
    06-18-12 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD