OK help! I have an SD card that just stopped working..phone wont read it, computer reader wont read it..nothing! Anything I can do to get anything off it OR at least save the card..its a 32g card. I took it out of phone for like 3 seconds to see if i could use the reader it didnt wrk so i put it right back in and got fatal error! I have tried everything from turn device on and off..nothing
    06-16-12 07:10 PM
    What does it say when you plugged it in to your phone?
    Also, make sure the SD Card reader in your computer is SDHC Compatible.
    06-16-12 09:43 PM
    There card may have gotten corrupted, when you say computer won't read it...

1. Are you saying the computer can detect your card but it can't view, copy, or delete items off the card.

2. Or nothing...when the card is plugged in windows isn't aware of the card.

If your answer is 1....download RECUVA, a free software that can retrieve media files, pics and docs etc from the card. Once recovering is done format the card, don't use quick format...now place the card in the phone and format again using the format option on your phone.

If your answer 2, and if you made sure as , yishiang as said, then claim your warranty.

In future turn off "enable compression" on your phone under "storage" options for sd cards its known to cause issues.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    06-17-12 06:33 AM
    hello when I put the card into my phone I get fatal error message and when i plug it into my computer, my computer see the mass storage reader itself but no card. My reader does say Micro SDHC right on it..came with the card too. When I put it into the phone the phone sees no card.

So I guess the cards info is all gone..darn. How do I go about claiming my warranty..its only like 4 months old!
    06-17-12 07:20 AM
    There card may have gotten corrupted, when you say computer won't read it...

1. Are you saying the computer can detect your card but it can't view, copy, or delete items off the card.

2. Or nothing...when the card is plugged in windows isn't aware of the card.

If your answer is 1....download RECUVA, a free software that can retrieve media files, pics and docs etc from the card. Once recovering is done format the card, don't use quick format...now place the card in the phone and format again using the format option on your phone.

If your answer 2, and if you made sure as , yishiang as said, then claim your warranty.

In future turn off "enable compression" on your phone under "storage" options for sd cards its known to cause issues.
    Thanks, this will help me who has lost 500 pics plus more media this week.
    06-17-12 07:42 AM
    hello when I put the card into my phone I get fatal error message and when i plug it into my computer, my computer see the mass storage reader itself but no card. My reader does say Micro SDHC right on it..came with the card too. When I put it into the phone the phone sees no card.

So I guess the cards info is all gone..darn. How do I go about claiming my warranty..its only like 4 months old!
    Take back to where u got it from, if bought online email them.
    06-17-12 08:44 AM
    Thanks, this will help me who has lost 500 pics plus more media this week.
    Glad to help.
    06-17-12 08:53 AM
    You sure the lock switch is "off" on the actual sd card?
    f0xx386 likes this.
    06-18-12 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD