It's been months (more than 5 months) that we seen any update for the Facebook App on the Playbook. This is just ridiculous!

The Facebook App for BB Smartphones gets an update almost every month. Even in the Blackberry Beta Zone, the app is updated at least every 2 weeks. WTF???

While we get like two updates in a year for the Playbook.

There would be times when you can't even view some of your notifications on it; you have to go the the browser and log in to Facebook instead.

Instead of focusing on the quantity of apps, how about we focus on updating some of the apps that are widely used and hasn't been updated for months!

Ex: Evernote, Facebook, Adobe Reader, Music App (Official), and much more...

RIM needs to make sure that developers continue updating their apps and provide the best experience that everyone can enjoy, even if it is a paid app or not.
    Last edited by rupam95; 06-14-12 at 11:26 PM.
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-14-12 11:21 PM
    U do know rim is the developer of the fb app so uhhhhh ok
    06-14-12 11:47 PM

I wish it was Facebook

But I agree with the OP. Some PB native apps are miles (many many updates) behind their iOS/Android versions.

I know in most cases it's the developer to blame. But in cases like FB or Adobe Reader (developed by a strategic partner), I am unsure who to put the blame on.

And I am not even talking about the stock/OS apps, such as the browser that has been missing a few very basic but widely demanded features for more than a year.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-15-12 at 12:50 AM.
    06-14-12 11:55 PM
    Frankly, I'd prefer it if RIM's programmers spent their time doing other things.
    06-15-12 12:21 AM
    Just goes to show, developers are spending time elsewhere. Say more popular device's

Just saying.
    06-15-12 06:48 AM
    Just goes to show, developers are spending time elsewhere. Say more popular device's

Just saying.
    My guess is RIM will not update these apps. Time is spent on BB10.
    For instance, when questioned about the browser, someone from RIM claimed it won't updated. They are working on a new version.
    06-15-12 07:16 AM
    It's such a slow and cumbersome app that probably too much work is required to update it. However, you'd think that because it's obviously going to be on BB10, and because it's such a popular app (generally), they'd at least make an effort.
    06-15-12 08:13 AM
    I use the FB Web page which works very well on the PlayBook. I'm not sure I've ever used the FB App.
    06-15-12 08:16 AM
    It's such a slow and cumbersome app that probably too much work is required to update it. However, you'd think that because it's obviously going to be on BB10, and because it's such a popular app (generally), they'd at least make an effort.
    I thought the BB10 version would be made in cascades so no point updating an air version.

I have no idea how apps are made though, just guessing.
    06-15-12 08:24 AM
    Well, they need make sure their own developers keep updating the apps they bring to the playbook. A half-baked app is like a burger without the meat. And who eats that?
    06-17-12 09:27 AM
    Never used it. I prefer the full website
    06-17-12 12:09 PM
    Facebook app isn't an app it is crAPP.
    Over to you Master BB10 and Agent Cascades.
    06-17-12 03:56 PM
    A half-baked app is like a burger without the meat. And who eats that?
    An ex-girlfriend of mine.
    06-17-12 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD