Are there any BlackBerry supporters on this website? Some of the recent posts are as bad as Rocco Pendola and company on Seeking Alpha who have trashed $RIMM into a $10 share price. Show some leadership Crackberry Kevin and Chris Umiastowski and start posting on Seeking Alpha...If they will let you. I have 500 shares at about an asp of $65...yes poor me...would rather risk my last $5K than sell now.
    Torch 9810 and 32Gb PlayBook
    Wake up and buy some BlackBerry products...top quality and very inexpensive!
    mzceetee and BB10FTW like this.
    06-13-12 07:12 PM
    In before the lock.

06-13-12 07:16 PM
    See my avatar? As well, at this very moment I am drinking BlackBerry wine. Now tell me I don't love BlackBerry.
    06-13-12 07:20 PM
    There's a lot of people here who like their blackberries OP. And the Crackberry team have been commendable in keeping up the information, help and enthusiasm we've all come to enjoy.

There just also happens to be a lot of people who do not like their blackberries, and love to be vocal in their displeasure. They usually are also the ones that create the "bashing/negatively spun" thread names and take make it a personal job to ensure that it becomes part of the most viewed or most replied or both in the forums.

So those comprise of the Haters, Trolls, Muckrakers, and apparently betrayed ex-users.

They have a purpose to post here and post often. Most of the traffic I'd imagine are users that like their blackberries but are not interested or do not have the time/anything to post. So perhaps that's where you're getting the skewed idea that the site is just another RIM bashing site.

It's not. Just ignore the general forums for now. The useful help subforums are much better.
    Last edited by Houshinto; 06-13-12 at 09:14 PM.
    06-13-12 07:30 PM
    I don't think the top users bash the blackberry brand. Mostly because a lot of top users don't use this site, if you really want to see the top blackberry users who know every phone in & out you may want to go to the blackberry Site where all the true help happens. My personal opinion crackberry is full of fans and occasional idiots from other platforms who think they know it all, the web traffic this Site gets just on a regular day is crazy when there isn't any news from RIM.
    BB10FTW and rigwrecker like this.
    06-13-12 07:33 PM
    There's a lot of people here who like their blackberries OP. And the Crackberry team have been commendable in keeping up the information, help and enthusiasm we've all come to enjoy.

There just also happens to be a lot of people who do not like their blackberries, and love to be vocal in their displeasure. They usually are also the ones that create the "bashing/negatively spun" thread names and take make it a personal job to ensure that it becomes part of the most viewed or most replied or both in the forums.

So those comprise of the Haters, Trolls, Muckrakers, and apparently betrayed ex-users.

They have a purpose to post here and post often most of the traffic I'd imagine are users that like their blackberries but are not interested or do not have the time/anything to post. So perhaps that's where you're getting the skew idea that the site is just another RIM bashing site.

It's not. Just ignore the general forums for now. The useful help subforums are much better.
    I agree with what you're saying... If you compare crackberry from three years ago to the crackberry now, yes a lot has changed on this site when it comes to users and non-users of BlackBerry devices. I applaud the crackberry team and mods for sniffing the idiots out. but it's just something we have to deal with until RIM recover.
    06-13-12 07:38 PM
    06-13-12 08:15 PM
    Are there any BlackBerry supporters on this website? Some of the recent posts are as bad as Rocco Pendola and company on Seeking Alpha who have trashed $RIMM into a $10 share price. Show some leadership Crackberry Kevin and Chris Umiastowski and start posting on Seeking Alpha...If they will let you. I have 500 shares at about an asp of $65...yes poor me...would rather risk my last $5K than sell now.
    Torch 9810 and 32Gb PlayBook
    Wake up and buy some BlackBerry products...top quality and very inexpensive!
    There is so much idiocy here I don't know where to begin.

1) Seeking Alpha did not depress the RIMM stock price. RIMM did that all by themselves. How
    much power do you really think a blog has?

2) You want the Founder of CrackBerry and one of the Forums Managers to go trolling on
    another site? Do you not see the utter asininity of this? These two, along with Adam, the "Mod
    Squad" and contributors have maintained the high road and have fostered great relations with
    the forum leaders of other platforms, some factions of the press and new media and, and
    this is a big one, people at RIM and you want them to p!ss that away to satisfy your very
    difficult to understand definition of "leadership." Yeah, that is a winning idea.
    06-13-12 08:19 PM
    Besides, Kevin doesn't even use BB anymore....

06-13-12 08:28 PM
    Besides, Kevin doesn't even use BB anymore....

Shhhhhhhh!!!!! What are you trying to cause a rift in the space/time thingamajig?
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    06-13-12 08:31 PM
    There is so much idiocy here I don't know where to begin.

1) Seeking Alpha did not depress the RIMM stock price. RIMM did that all by themselves. How
    much power do you really think a blog has?

2) You want the Founder of CrackBerry and one of the Forums Managers to go trolling on
    another site? Do you not see the utter asininity of this? These two, along with Adam, the "Mod
    Squad" and contributors have maintained the high road and have fostered great relations with
    the forum leaders of other platforms, some factions of the press and new media and, and
    this is a big one, people at RIM and you want them to p!ss that away to satisfy your very
    difficult to understand definition of "leadership." Yeah, that is a winning idea.
    Couldn't have said it better! My first thought was "are you serious" when he mentioned about Kevin and Chris showing leadership....Tools not Toys - well I guess we found the tool. Crackberry is an enthusiasts site and is NOT responsible for anything to do with the market shares. Perhaps he should join a forum at the Blackberry site and state his frustrations and ask Heins to show some leadership and post there.
    Last edited by tjseaman; 06-13-12 at 08:44 PM.
    06-13-12 08:35 PM
    shhhhhhhh!!!!! What are you trying to cause a rift in the space/time thingamajig?
    great scott!!!!!
    06-13-12 08:43 PM
    Hey AmazingGraceless...do a quote search for RIMM or RIM.TO on yahoo finance and tell me how many links are for Seeking Alpha articles?? Rocco Pendola was so popular there he now writes for the WSJ and TheStreet...he is the numero uno RIM basher! Take a look at what's going on beyond your Crackberry world! Perception is reality when it comes to investor and consumer confidence and people like Rocco are master manipulators.
    06-13-12 08:45 PM
    Hey AmazingGraceless...do a quote search for RIMM or RIM.TO on yahoo finance and tell me how many links are for Seeking Alpha articles?? Rocco Pendola was so popular there he now writes for the WSJ and TheStreet...he is the numero uno RIM basher! Take a look at what's going on beyond your Crackberry world! Perception is reality when it comes to investor and consumer confidence and people like Rocco are master manipulators.
    The answer to this is WHO GIVES A FLYING F". I mean really if your investment strategies
    are born of such nebulous criteria as perception = reality you may very well prove the "fool
    and his money" adage true.

Seeking Alpha is a single entity. Rocco Pendola, regardless of how negative he is is one
    single analyst. What you are doing is taking their word as gospel and believe that they, in concert
    are systematically driving the share price of RIM down, as opposed to all the other vicissitudes
    of the stock market and the business environment. The amount of power you attribute to this
    marginal player and his employer is stunning.

The better question is why are you peddling this nonsense?
    06-13-12 09:15 PM
    I wouldn't say blogs have no power. Look what happened to RIMM after bgr posted that samsung buy out nonsense.

Not saying I agree with the op, I don't. Just saying blogs can have an effect.
    06-13-12 09:48 PM
    I wouldn't say blogs have no power. Look what happened to RIMM after bgr posted that samsung buy out nonsense.

Not saying I agree with the op, I don't. Just saying blogs can have an effect.
    I agree to an extent. It is just foolish to believe that blogs, analysts of suspect qualification, websites
    with undefined agendas have so much sway that their every utterance can move the fortunes
    of a company or it's market position.

Yes, some carry weight. A whole lot more simply carry water. That is my point.
    06-13-12 10:06 PM
    Ummm...you should give a FLYING F if you want BlackBerry and CrackBerry to still be around. Oh and stop being such a snothead.
    06-13-12 10:38 PM
    The entity that has affected RIM the most is RIM itself.
    06-13-12 11:43 PM
    06-13-12 11:47 PM
    Ummm...you should give a FLYING F if you want BlackBerry and CrackBerry to still be around. Oh and stop being such a snothead.
    Well aren't you just a ball of cute.

Only not.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    sleepngbear and Engire like this.
    06-14-12 12:33 AM
    Ouch.... you really bet big on RIM stock. Another lesson why one shouldn't be putting everything on one basket...
    06-14-12 02:05 AM
    Are there any BlackBerry supporters on this website?
    Of course there are BlackBerry supporters on this website!

Speaking of Seeking Alpha, I read a recent article there written by Tony Boulos, and he spoke very positively about RIM and BB10. So not everyone is the same.

But I do know what you mean about some of the constant bashing and trash talk, it's quite annoying.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 06-14-12 at 02:30 AM.
    06-14-12 02:23 AM
    I've read a LOT of positive articles @ seeking Alpha, when the "media debacle" was at worse.
    Now, if you want to serve RIM brand ... just keep quiet and silent;let RIM handle it in the shadow and other speculate.
    Stock won't move much until BB10 launch.
    No one (except RIM's operation staff) cares about it (in general audience).
    Stop promoting x or Z blog/site. You just do the opposite of what is needed.
    Having Kevin or Chris on the front-line would be a strategic disaster.

Just stay calm.
    06-14-12 02:32 AM
    I agree with you OP, this site does sometimes look like the trolls are running amuck on this #1 BB fan site

IMO, normal non-BB phone users wouldn't visit this site with such troll regularity, they simply don't care...like I could care less about visiting apple or android sites...i.e. Some are surely paid pr subversive trolls
    06-14-12 02:44 AM
    Yes. Anyone who says anything that isn't RAH RAH SISS POOH BAH RIM is a "paid subversive troll". *insert massive eyeroll here*

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    06-14-12 01:23 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD