Hey all,

I've sideloaded Tweetcaster, and I've downloaded (saved a picture) from a webpage and now the notification for that download keeps popping up. When I click on the notification, the notification goes away and the downloaded picture never opens, but a short while later, the notifications show up again.

The same thing is happening with the sideloaded version of Twitter, the notification keeps showing up for a new mention.

I've cleared the cache in Tweetcaster and the download notification still shows, and in the sideloaded twitter, I can't see a way of clearing the cache.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm running the beta 2.1 OS by the way.

Mike
    06-13-12 11:41 AM
    For the download one, go into App World and install "Ghost Commander". It's a free Android file manager, which can also load other Android apps (including some usually inaccessible). Load it up and in the left pane, select "Applications". Then scroll down to find "Downloads". Tap it and then select "Shortcuts". Tap the shortcut that then appears. You'll now be in the downloads app, and you should see the file you downloaded. Tick the box beside it and then tap the "Delete" button that appears at the bottom of the screen.

Dunno about the Twitter one, but for clearing the cache, follow the above method, but instead of selecting "Downloads" from the list of applications, find the Twitter app, and then tap "Manage" instead of "Shortcuts". From there you should be able to clear the cache and see if that helps.
    06-13-12 12:45 PM
    Yup, notifications on Android apps have been broken for me since the update to 2.1.
    06-13-12 01:13 PM
    Yup, notifications on Android apps have been broken for me since the update to 2.1.
    What do you mean by "broken"? I have had zero issues with notifications on 2.1 beta.
    06-13-12 02:03 PM
    For the download one, go into App World and install "Ghost Commander". It's a free Android file manager, which can also load other Android apps (including some usually inaccessible). Load it up and in the left pane, select "Applications". Then scroll down to find "Downloads". Tap it and then select "Shortcuts". Tap the shortcut that then appears. You'll now be in the downloads app, and you should see the file you downloaded. Tick the box beside it and then tap the "Delete" button that appears at the bottom of the screen.

Dunno about the Twitter one, but for clearing the cache, follow the above method, but instead of selecting "Downloads" from the list of applications, find the Twitter app, and then tap "Manage" instead of "Shortcuts". From there you should be able to clear the cache and see if that helps.
    Your instructions worked perfectly for me. Thanks for your help.

Mike
    06-13-12 06:23 PM
    What do you mean by "broken"? I have had zero issues with notifications on 2.1 beta.
    the notification happens but when I tap on the notification it clears the notification and does not launch the app.
    06-14-12 01:19 AM
    the notification happens but when I tap on the notification it clears the notification and does not launch the app.
    Ah, tapping notifications is a bit hit and miss in my experience. Generally speaking I just clear the notification and open the app manually. (This has always been my experience of Android notifications on the PB, from 2.0 onwards).
    06-14-12 06:59 AM
    Now another problem has popped up since using Ghost Commander. Any time i click in a field to type in, the keyboard no longer opens automatically. I notice in Ghost Commander there is an entry for BlackBerry Keyboard but running it from inside GC doesn't do anything

Am i missing an obvious setting to turn the keyboard popup on and off?

Mike
    06-14-12 05:17 PM
    I've never had this problem myself. Is it just in Android apps or is it everywhere? Have you tried restarting your Playbook?
    06-15-12 02:56 AM
    I've never had this problem myself. Is it just in Android apps or is it everywhere? Have you tried restarting your Playbook?
    Yeah had to do a 3 key restart to get it working again, but it's fine now.

Mike
    06-15-12 09:05 AM
    Ah, tapping notifications is a bit hit and miss in my experience. Generally speaking I just clear the notification and open the app manually. (This has always been my experience of Android notifications on the PB, from 2.0 onwards).
    It always worked with Tapatalk before but now in 2.1, no workie.

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    06-16-12 06:24 PM
    Same here..
    This is happen since im running 2.1 beta
    06-16-12 09:07 PM
    worked like a charm - thanks!
    06-22-12 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD