Hi All.

So i have a case i really like for my Bold 9900, but its scratched the out of the chrome on my device!

I have now got a new replacement device from O2 after i had some screen problems with my original Bold, but i don't want to make the same mistake twice and scratch up my new phone again with the same case..

Wondering if any of you guys have any tips to stop cases scratching the phone. Personally i thought of putting some seethrough tape all around the chrome to the case rubs against the tape and not directly in contact with the chrome.

Good or Bad??

Many Thanks.
    06-13-12 08:49 AM
    What kind of case did you have before? Hard case or soft? It also depends if your case's interior is soft or hard.

If I were you I'd consider investing in an Otterbox or a similar brand. It's worth it in the long run if you want to protect your phone . That and I have not run into any problems with mine.
    06-13-12 08:55 AM
    The Zagg Invisible Sheild, BodyGuardz?
    It's a good question, what case did you use? So that we can all stay away from that too.

I am sure that Crackberry Store has it!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=f4RYC2v2
    06-13-12 08:57 AM
    Im not sure what the case is called. It was a cheap one i got from market store, but i really like it! Its a soft thin profile case with extra grip on the sides and back. Its just a pitty is scratches my phone

Looks like i will have to invest in one of these big brand name cases.
    06-13-12 09:10 AM
    Buy a genuine BlackBerry case unless you like your case more than your phone.
    06-13-12 09:23 AM
    Buy a genuine BlackBerry case unless you like your case more than your phone.
    Unfortunately, this might not be the best advice. I had the official BB soft shell case and that also scratched the chrome bezel. I searched on here to find I wasn't the only one who had experienced this. I think I remember reading that taking the case off and cleaning away any dust/grit it may have collected might help, but don't quote me.

As far as a case that doesn't scratch goes, I can't help. I have a leather beyzacases sleeve which is very nice soft leather and very low profile. It has a felt like interior that doesn't scratch, but it's not a CASE.

Good luck
    06-13-12 10:14 AM
    Unfortunately, this might not be the best advice. I had the official BB soft shell case and that also scratched the chrome bezel. I searched on here to find I wasn't the only one who had experienced this. I think I remember reading that taking the case off and cleaning away any dust/grit it may have collected might help, but don't quote me.

As far as a case that doesn't scratch goes, I can't help. I have a leather beyzacases sleeve which is very nice soft leather and very low profile. It has a felt like interior that doesn't scratch, but it's not a CASE.

Good luck
    I would have thought if a OEM BB case damaged a BB phone it would be a lot easier for the phone to be replaced / repaired oppose to an aftermarket company's case doing the same thing and trying to get them to rectify it.
    06-13-12 10:22 AM
    Just get a TPU case of ebay or amazon or the crackberry store if they have them. TPU is the best material out there bar one which is incredibly expensive and hard to find, it has the properties of being very soft and squidgy but on impact is as strong as a brick, patented technology
    06-13-12 05:02 PM
    Just get a TPU case of ebay or amazon or the crackberry store if they have them. TPU is the best material out there bar one which is incredibly expensive and hard to find, it has the properties of being very soft and squidgy but on impact is as strong as a brick, patented technology
    Iskin vibes is an excellent tpu case. Feels grippy, and its not bulky. It protects from scratches but I don't know about the impact resistance, because, fortunately , I haven't dropped it (yet). Check it out in the Crackberry review.
    06-13-12 07:41 PM
    I had a OEM softshell (I believe that is TPU as well) before and got tired of having to mash my sleep/wake button just to get my phone to respond. I have also read reviews that they would leave scratches although I didn't have that problem. I currently have a Incipio Silicrylic case on my 9900, and I'm pretty happy with it. I would recommend a hybrid(rubber lining, plastic shell) case from Incipio, Seido, or previously mentioned Otterbox.
    06-13-12 10:16 PM
    I had a OEM softshell (I believe that is TPU as well) before and got tired of having to mash my sleep/wake button just to get my phone to respond. I have also read reviews that they would leave scratches although I didn't have that problem. I currently have a Incipio Silicrylic case on my 9900, and I'm pretty happy with it. I would recommend a hybrid(rubber lining, plastic shell) case from Incipio, Seido, or previously mentioned Otterbox.
    I found the sleep/wake was a pain with the softshell also. Night and day from the iskin
    06-13-12 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD