Pacemaker App is an app fro DJing, mixing tracks using Cascades. It's available on june 14th. It was shown at the Blackberry World as well. The links:

Pacemaker� App

(Blackberry World Demo)

(Pacemaker Demo by God's Will)

I'm supppper excited for this!! Don't know yet if it's free or not, but will probably get it no matter what! Just trying to spread the excitement and have something to look forward too! ;D
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-11-12 11:18 PM
    how much is it gonna be?
    06-11-12 11:32 PM
    don't know yet....but regardless of the price... i'm gonna get it it looks like a really professional app
    Just Me likes this.
    06-11-12 11:35 PM
    I couldnt DJ to save my life, but the pacemaker app looks amazing and i was really excited seeing it at BBWC. The level of detail and the performance of the app is bada$$! So imma support the dev! Thanks for making it Playbook.
    06-11-12 11:57 PM
    I'm guessing it will be available for free on a promotion of sorts. It certainly is a great app to demo the Playbook and it is an app to brag about.
    06-11-12 11:59 PM
    Great news, hopefully I'll have my Music Gateway by then too. Any guesses on the price? I think $20-25 would be reasonable and if this is truly a quality app.
    06-12-12 12:04 AM
    A word of caution...you will loose sleep, forget to perform bodily functions like eating, going to the bathroom etc. Plus depending on how robust your sound system this app could cause you to get ticketed, fined, arrested, evicted or all.

...been rocking the beta release and it rocks!

So don't say you haven't been warned.

PS don't ask I was sworn not to tell.
    06-12-12 01:24 AM
    I found the pdf file for the original hand device but only some of it applies...I had assumed that the devs will provide support on their site.

Its pretty straight forward just load two tracks start one then use fader to bring in second track. Any track can be cued to any point and any track will scratch. You can roll forward/backward just like a turntable.

The beta isn't as polished as the final release. But it does act like a dual platter console.

You do want to take some time with it before you take it to a party or club...practice makes perfect.

Edit...connected to a big screen adds tons of effect in a party.
    06-12-12 01:49 AM
    Is it possible to cue tracks? And listen to the second track whilst the first is playing via your headphones? Otherwise the app does not entirely perform its function as a bit of DJ kit.

I recognise this is more to do with the Playbook audio output set-up but would be interested if a work-around existed to split one audio output.

Is it even possible?
    06-12-12 06:58 AM
    I found the pdf file for the original hand device but only some of it applies...I had assumed that the devs will provide support on their site.

Its pretty straight forward just load two tracks start one then use fader to bring in second track. Any track can be cued to any point and any track will scratch. You can roll forward/backward just like a turntable.

The beta isn't as polished as the final release. But it does act like a dual platter console.

You do want to take some time with it before you take it to a party or club...practice makes perfect.

Edit...connected to a big screen adds tons of effect in a party.
    Can you confirm:

Silly question #1 : is this app compatible with a y splitter (out)? Current song on the left channel [in stereo] and next song [cue] on the right channel?

#2 Does it read all formated music (specifically AAC)
    #3 Is there a separate optional Dj controller ?
    06-12-12 07:18 AM
    Can't wait for this smokin app. Hours of mixology
    06-12-12 01:58 PM
    Can you confirm:

Silly question #1 : is this app compatible with a y splitter (out)? Current song on the left channel [in stereo] and next song [cue] on the right channel?

#2 Does it read all formated music (specifically AAC)
    #3 Is there a separate optional Dj controller ?
    I would not call it a piece of pro or even prosumer gear because it conforms to the Playbook hardware platform and OS.

So the only audio out currently supported is the headphone jack which negates cueing second track. The files supported are PlayBook audio files that are accessible with the native player.

I suppose a second audio out might be possible via USB but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Since what is coming out is the first release I'm sure there's room for user input for future upgrades.
    06-12-12 11:48 PM
    Future updates could use the audio jack to cue music in the head phones and the HDMI to send the music to the to the speaker system. Is it the 14th yet?
    06-13-12 12:56 AM
    Hey Just Me I totally forgot about HDMI audio. I think that, for right now, is a either/or situation. You get out put from either headphone jack or HDMI with headphone taking priority when plugged in. Which is an OS function...unless those APIs are made availabe to the devs.

I sure hope Pacemaker devs are following this, I think there's some good input here.
    06-13-12 01:04 AM
    Hey Just Me I totally forgot about HDMI audio. I think that, for right now, is a either/or situation. You get out put from either headphone jack or HDMI with headphone taking priority when plugged in. Which is an OS function...unless those APIs are made availabe to the devs.

I sure hope Pacemaker devs are following this, I think there's some good input here.
    I'm excited to buy the app . I'm sure it will only improve with time but out of the gate this should be one of the best apps created for the PB so far. The possibilities exist beyond just audio jack and HDMI. You could use the BlueTooth Music Gateway as well or BlueTooth headphones. The guys designing this app have probably already considered all these options as I'm sure they are DJs themselves.
    06-13-12 01:24 AM
    lets be honest here....no "professional" is going to take this anywhere, it's a neat toy at best.
    06-13-12 04:15 AM
    funny i know pro dj's who are pretty excited about this like Juan atkins, dj jazzy jeff, johnny fiasco, etc. just because YOU LACK ANY SKILLS doesnt make it a toy. maybe you should check my video out, this is during the early early beta so check yourself before you wreck yourself.
    Just Me likes this.
    06-13-12 07:28 AM
    I would not call it a piece of pro or even prosumer gear because it conforms to the Playbook hardware platform and OS.

So the only audio out currently supported is the headphone jack which negates cueing second track. The files supported are PlayBook audio files that are accessible with the native player.

I suppose a second audio out might be possible via USB but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Since what is coming out is the first release I'm sure there's room for user input for future upgrades.
    i hooked up a y jack and in the menu you CAN split the output. I found the beta was able to do it adequately. it is a PRO device just not in the beta form, we will see tomorrow. in the meantime check out my video.

Just snipped this from the pacemaker fb page, funny all these PRO DJ at this festival think otherwise:
    When we showed the Pacemaker� device for the first time in 2007 we did it at the electronic music festival Sonar, Barcelona. Now, with the launch of Pacemaker� app on BlackBerry PlayBook we are back again at Sonar and proud to announce that we are one of the main sponsors of the event.

Inside the Sonar area at MACBA (The Museum of Contemporary Art) you will find our stand where you can get hands on with the Pacemaker� app.

If you're around, come by and say hi! it'll be a great couple of days in the sun.

Sonar, 14th to 16th of June.

http://sonar.es/en/2012/

the moral of this story is, if you don't have a clue what you are talking about, Then STFU & GTFO BAMF!

Now go like their fb page, im trying to help get them to 10, 000 likes by days end in hopes they might give me a code for a complimentary copy. https://www.facebook.com/pacemakermusic

Toy makers do not fully sponsor music festivals.
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 06-13-12 at 08:17 AM. Reason: adding [b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b].
    PatrickMJS and mrrubus like this.
    06-13-12 07:37 AM
    Thanks for confirming" thatplaybookguy".
    For everyone else pay attention
    Anybody can be a DJ or learn how to; even the Prince of Wales Prince Charles turns DJ in Canada - video | UK news | guardian.co.uk

So far most pacemaker YouTube videos show blind dj (estimating/random cue-in) which just seems embarrassing. That’s one way to do it.
    Or you can get a “y-splitter” cable that plugs into the headphone jack and this will enable you to listen and cue / mix/scratch etc (via the headphones on the left channel) with one finger on the fader. Whiles your output current song is playing hopefully in stereo on the right channel.
    Manual equalizer, Pitch, BPM & loop controls are essentials that I would expect as a minimum. An app like that would be valuable to me and I would pay top dollar if it reads all formats of music (including ACC)
    I guess I will be staying up tonight
    06-13-12 08:42 AM
    It will be available 2PM (GMT), or 9AM (EST), or 6AM (PST)
    06-13-12 04:54 PM
    I'm not a dj but i know quite a few and i'll see what they think... most likely they'll love it... i'll try to get video of them using it in a club. i will say they have very elaborate setups so will they use it regularly, prob not. but i bet it could come in handy more often than not.
    06-13-12 05:25 PM
    How much do you guys think this app will cost?
    06-13-12 05:37 PM
    I found the pdf file for the original hand device but only some of it applies...
    Could you please share that PDF? I wasn't able to find much info about the original pacemaker since the site is closed until June 14th.

By the way, I 've been fooling around with the beta version that I found at CB forums and I just love Pacemaker, still has some minor bugs, but looking forward to the final version!

Check my little house mix, hope you like it
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtSZPdoPSIo[/YT]
    mrrubus, kennyliu, z1nsane and 1 others like this.
    06-13-12 06:45 PM
    When i first saw the beta video i thought "Oh that's cool. Not sure i will buy it tho". Then i played the leaked beta. The beta made me want to buy this app. I don't care it it's $10. I'm going to buy it and it's all thanks to that leaked beta.
    Last edited by VanCity778; 06-13-12 at 08:06 PM.
    z1nsane likes this.
    06-13-12 08:02 PM
    Could you please share that PDF? I wasn't able to find much info about the original pacemaker since the site is closed until June 14th.

By the way, I 've been fooling around with the beta version that I found at CB forums and I just love Pacemaker, still has some minor bugs, but looking forward to the final version!

Check my little house mix, hope you like it
    Thanks for the vid. I am definitely buying the app at 9 am EDT tomorrow .

Finally, there will be a reason to fill up my 64gb.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-13-12 at 08:52 PM.
    06-13-12 08:49 PM
108 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD