Is it just me that finds not having a delete key aggravating on the keypad?

Sometimes I don't type correctly and I find moving the cursor award as my finger is in the way. Would be nice to have a delete key for when the cursor goes in the wrong spot
    Unless of course there is a delete key and I am now going to be very embarrassed
    OneArseneWenger likes this.
    06-10-12 10:26 AM
    if you are onabout the virtual keyboard on the pb,im sorry to tell you but it has got a delete key
    06-10-12 10:31 AM
    if you are onabout the virtual keyboard on the pb,im sorry to tell you but it has got a delete key
    I think he means the real 'delete' key, not the 'backspace'.

They should add the arrow keys too for games !
    06-10-12 10:33 AM
    is there a diffrence between delete and backspace? and agreed on arrows
    06-10-12 10:37 AM
    is there a diffrence between delete and backspace? and agreed on arrows
    Backspace removes the character behind the cursor.
    Delete conventionally removes the character in front of the cursor.

In the OSX world (and others) delete functions as I explained backspace above.
    The opposite function is called "forward delete".
    06-10-12 10:41 AM
    Totally agree. Shift backspace would work great.
    06-10-12 10:56 AM
    That and a tab key. I don't think it will be a problem though as rim is known for its keyboards, so when playbook gets blackberry10 it will have probably the best touchscreen keyboard out hands down.
    madman0141 likes this.
    06-10-12 12:52 PM
    That and a tab key. I don't think it will be a problem though as rim is known for its keyboards, so when playbook gets blackberry10 it will have probably the best touchscreen keyboard out hands down.
    Agreed on the delete key but a tab key would really kick .
    06-10-12 05:18 PM
    Wow! Everybody really seems to be pinning their hopes on BB10 being a cure all for present pb woes. Lower your expectations people or you are going to be sorely disappointed.

Peace.
    JayR2010 likes this.
    06-10-12 05:25 PM
    Wow! Everybody really seems to be pinning their hopes on BB10 being a cure all for present pb woes. Lower your expectations people or you are going to be sorely disappointed.

Peace.
    Wow, don't be so grumpy. It makes sense that if PB and OS10 will be on BB's and the PB, that there will be keyboard improvements that will be shared between both devices. No one is looking for a cure all, just a little progress on what a lot of us deem a very good tablet. I, for one, really enjoy the PB as it is. I use it for work, movies, music and browsing and have been very pleased with the performance. I am not app hungry, nor try out every new way to sideload apps to see if they work. What I need, works and I know that is not the case for everyone, so they would like to see some of the new jewels that are being dangled for OS10 also on the playbook. I call it friendly banter and excitement. Maybe, you are the one that should make the change to something more appropriate for you. Just sayin'
    06-10-12 06:40 PM
    The one change I'd like to see is moving the language key on the keyboard to someplace on the Settings menu. I have a tendency to hit it accidentally while I'm typing.
    06-10-12 09:40 PM
    The one change I'd like to see is moving the language key on the keyboard to someplace on the Settings menu. I have a tendency to hit it accidentally while I'm typing.
    I wish it could be removable like the current bbos touch keyboards.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    06-10-12 09:50 PM
    Wow, don't be so grumpy. It makes sense that if PB and OS10 will be on BB's and the PB, that there will be keyboard improvements that will be shared between both devices. No one is looking for a cure all, just a little progress on what a lot of us deem a very good tablet. I, for one, really enjoy the PB as it is. I use it for work, movies, music and browsing and have been very pleased with the performance. I am not app hungry, nor try out every new way to sideload apps to see if they work. What I need, works and I know that is not the case for everyone, so they would like to see some of the new jewels that are being dangled for OS10 also on the playbook. I call it friendly banter and excitement. Maybe, you are the one that should make the change to something more appropriate for you. Just sayin'
    Er, are the 'new jewels that are being dangled' going to include a functional file manager for example? or while we're at it native email that is reliable and works properly with Hotmail, Yahoo and imap? What about Skype? There is a very long list of flaws and omissions with the pb at present. Are you really that naive to think that users are really only looking for 'just a little progress'? You call it 'friendly banter and excitement' if you like but for some its more serious than that and some, probably out of desperation, are hoping that bb10 will resolve these issues. There is absolutely no evidence that it will however, particularly with RIM's track record, and my post was a suggestion that those people might like to adjust their expectations in view of this. Not grumpy just realistic.

Peace
    kennyliu and Michel Souris like this.
    06-11-12 01:31 AM
    well just to update all :

yes you guys are correct i know there is a backspace key but you have to move the cursor in front of that character so you can hit backspace .. there is no "forward delete " as correctly pointed out which is what i was after.
    For now i just gave up with that POS keyboard and for any lengthy posts i use my BB keyboard under remote control.
    09-07-12 08:13 AM
    Regardless of who says a forward delete feature is not necessary, there are many of us who think it's a good idea and something that I consider a move backward for Blackberry when they got rid of this feature in their new BB10 devices. I switched from a BB Curve to iPhone 4 a couple of years ago. One of the biggest complaints I had with the iPhone 4 keyboard (for me) was the fact that it didn't have a forward delete key. I recently bought a new BB Z10 and was very disappointed to find out that there is no forward delete feature in the Z10 either. Keyboard has always been a strength of BB devices. Why did BB remove the feature, I do not understand!!!!!! I hope they put it back (and soon).
    04-27-13 10:43 PM
    Regardless of who says a forward delete feature is not necessary, there are many of us who think it's a good idea and something that I consider a move backward for Blackberry when they got rid of this feature in their new BB10 devices. I switched from a BB Curve to iPhone 4 a couple of years ago. One of the biggest complaints I had with the iPhone 4 keyboard (for me) was the fact that it didn't have a forward delete key. I recently bought a new BB Z10 and was very disappointed to find out that there is no forward delete feature in the Z10 either. Keyboard has always been a strength of BB devices. Why did BB remove the feature, I do not understand!!!!!! I hope they put it back (and soon).
    Funny, you bring up an old thread to complain about the loss of a feature I never knew existed on my 9930 (and prior models, I guess???). I did not realize the Alt-Delete was a Forward Delete. So, it is gone on bb10 or is it still included on the Q10? I've not studied pictures of its keyboard.

So thanks for reminding me the 9930 has this feature.
    04-27-13 11:44 PM
    Personally, I love the idea of a Delete key, and would also like to see a Tab key; I'd also love to see a Shift function to avoid switching keyboards when typing some common characters such as numbers, hyphens, and semicolons.
    04-28-13 12:40 AM
    Personally, I love the idea of a Delete key, and would also like to see a Tab key; I'd also love to see a Shift function to avoid switching keyboards when typing some common characters such as numbers, hyphens, and semicolons.
    Doesn't anybody ever ask a QUESTION (mark)

Why do I need to go to the symbol keyboard QUESTION (mark)
    kboya and pronomad like this.
    04-28-13 08:55 AM
    what I realy miss is the F buttons.
    What ? I didn't say the F word.
    04-28-13 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD