Folks

A while ago i synchronized my address book to Yahoo, but stopped this after few minutes as i was afraid of format issue with phone book. Changed the settings in BIS to include deleted items only. Despite this somehow the Yahoo synchronisation option remains in the handheld, ie default services options. By the way i have gmail account as well, and the choice to synchronise address book is only available for yahoo. I cant delete this despite BIS settings.

I have since changed my device to 9900 (from 9700) and manually restored data after a wipe and os upgrade. This annoying Yahoo option remains, and everytime i want to create new contact, the default setting leads to Yahoo synchonisation......again, despite BIS settings otherwise. When i go to email settings, it always asks me whether i want to synchronise my handheld with yahoo, and it asks me for password. Presume this is for address book since all email functions are working properly? If not, then what is this for? In the meantime i continue to click cancel and nothing bad happens. All emails are working perfectly.

Question:how do i remove this yahoo synchronisation thing from the handheld forever? Shall i just delete my yahoo from BIS, restart hnadheld, then re add yahoo from BIS again? Wuld that remove the default address book synchronisation setting post restart? And if i do that, would i get my old yahoo emails back from previously restored data. Or i have to start with the standard 20 pushed emails from new acount set up?

This is very annoying so your advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have separately mobilized my old 9700 for office use with BES. I did not wipe the device, simply plugged in the new sim and set up BES account. Both yahoo and gmails icons dissapeared, but Now i have two address book synchronization options: yahoo and desktop. ????? This 9700 does not have yahoo account installed, so i can only assume this came from old yahoo story as described above. This yahoo thing stays in two devices now.

HELP please

Many thanks
    06-08-12 12:03 PM
    I hope someone has an answer as I use Outlook but my BB still associates to Yahoo.
    06-08-12 12:15 PM
    I hope someone has an answer as I use Outlook but my BB still associates to Yahoo.
    Similar to my 9700 now. Am thinking of wiping the phone and ask IT to reactivate BES again, but am afraid if i do that then allmy personal contacts willbe synchronised to office server?

This yahoo this is very painfull. Anyone experiencing format issue when trying to synchronise address book to yahoo? In some cases i have 3 mobile phone numbers in one contact.

Hope other members can shed some lights here.
    06-08-12 09:21 PM
    Deleted yahoo account from bis, added again with no contact synchro, now email settings work properly, no more request for password. But this does not remove the association with yahoo for address book. Wiped contacts, restored, the same result. I guess once you synched this once (yahoo or gmail or anything else), this remains in the addres book permanently.......My friend has the same issue with gmail, exact same issue.

Give up. Reckon this is a software bug!!

Let it be then......
    06-09-12 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD