Bell is forcing a tethering plan with the 2.0.0.30 Bridge update on your phone. How can I go back in time? I refuse to pay for data twice with a tethering plan.
    06-07-12 06:32 PM
    Says who ?
    06-07-12 06:56 PM
    RROYY.com/bridge

Delete your version-restart phone and install new version.

Feel free to donate.

Why do you say they are forcing extra charges?
    Barljo and Just Me like this.
    06-07-12 06:57 PM
    I just bridged all afternoon without a single problem with Bell.
    06-07-12 06:58 PM
    Bell is NOT charging for Bridging.

In fact, whatever type of plan you have, they include tethering up to your data limit*

*Unless you are on some type of PAYG or social plan.
    06-07-12 07:08 PM
    Seeing more of these "insert carrier" is charging for bridge. I also hear tether wifi hotspot etc is free on most plans in Canada so why would they charge for bridge?
    06-07-12 08:56 PM
    Bridge has always been fine with my plan on Bell.
    06-07-12 10:07 PM
    I'm on Bell and there's no extra charges
    06-07-12 10:29 PM
    RROYY.com/bridge

Delete your version-restart phone and install new version.

Feel free to donate.

Why do you say they are forcing extra charges?
    Thanks for the great tip. Reinstalled 2.0.0.25 and all is well again. Bridge is working perfectly again.

According to the Bell rep my current data plan from 2010 did not include tethering. Now all tablet era phone data plans include tethering automatically, so people with newer plans may not experience the same problem I am. I was quoted an additional $7 a month rectify the problem. That would increase my data from 2 gigs to 6 gigs and include tethering. I don't need the extra data so the extra cost is really disappointing.
    Last edited by Just Me; 06-07-12 at 11:37 PM.
    06-07-12 11:20 PM
    I have a grandfathered unlimited blackberry data plan with Bell ($55 a month) and I have no problem with bridging, however they do charge extra when I tether. I found that out the hard way when I first got my PB. First month I was tethered all the time, but on my first bill I was shocked to see it double. When I spoke with a rep I'm told that my unlimited data doesn't cover tethering because your getting data through your phone vs on the phone when bridged. If you ask me that BS and a way to get me off the unlimited plan, they can offer a 6G plan for both with additional charges of course.
    06-07-12 11:38 PM
    I hate to sound especially dull, but how would Bell or any other carrier really know if you were tethered other then your data use would jump? I haven't noticed any extra charges with Bell, but then I'm not on an "unlimited" plan either. Must be a ploy to get rid of it for a more lucrative "so much a gig plan".
    06-08-12 10:00 AM
    When i updated my bridge to .30, it started telling me my carrier didnt allow sharing the connection with a tablet or however its worded. I went back to .25 and it works again. Im on Sprint.
    06-09-12 06:06 PM
    Looks like it's not just AT&T anymore...
    06-09-12 07:53 PM
    Bell is forcing a tethering plan with the 2.0.0.30 Bridge update on your phone. How can I go back in time? I refuse to pay for data twice with a tethering plan.
    HuH? Sorry your wrong.
    06-10-12 01:54 AM
    I'm with Bell, as is our entire cdn operations. I am fully updated, as are others and no issues with bridge at all. Sounds like you spoke to a sales representative that is simply incorrect. I would call back and have your old plan but back in place. The sales rep may also taken advantage of your situation to boost their numbers by getting a customer upgrade.
    06-10-12 10:13 AM
    I'm with Bell, as is our entire cdn operations. I am fully updated, as are others and no issues with bridge at all. Sounds like you spoke to a sales representative that is simply incorrect. I would call back and have your old plan but back in place. The sales rep may also taken advantage of your situation to boost their numbers by getting a customer upgrade.
    If you inquire, you will find that your data plan includes tethering. My data plan was an older one which did not include tethering. I did not upgrade or change my plan with Bell, I downgraded to Bidge 2.0.0.25 and my problems were solved. In the .30 upgrade RIM made a change which affect certain plans on Bell, Sprint and a couple carriers in Australia locking out untethered data plans.
    06-11-12 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD