I upgraded to OS 7.1.378 a couple of weeks ago and could not be happier with it. However, over the last couple of days I have noticed that the standard phone audio doesn't work. The speaker works, the bluetooth headset works, but the regular handset doesn't. This presents a problem that I have no idea how to solve. Those calling hear me through the mic, but I hear nothing from them.

Any suggestions????
    06-06-12 04:21 PM
    Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    06-07-12 06:54 AM
    I installed .378 on my ATT device about a week ago. I have not had the problem you describe. But, audio problems seem to be in discussion in several other OS versions so it's possible. Some devices seem to react differently to an OS than others. My only suggestion is reload the OS or try another... it's not much good the way it is now.
    06-07-12 07:18 AM
    I second the re-install. However, I'd do a few battery pulls first to make sure it's not just settling in. Also, in the past I've seen this happen on my old 9800 a couple of years ago, and I can't remember what was the issue but it was resolved. I'll have to look back to see if any of my old posts from a couple of years ago address it. If so, I'll get back to you on it.
    Good luck!
    06-07-12 01:05 PM
    Thanks. I have done a bunch of battery pulls since dicovering the problem and it's still unsolved. I guess we don't have access to the hardware components as we do on a pc.
    06-07-12 03:29 PM
    It could be, but I doubt it's a hardware issue from what you've described.
    Reload the original OS, re-install the current or load another... problem likely solved.
    06-08-12 07:06 AM
    Try plugging in a headset and then removing it. If that doesn't work, try plugging in a headset and then while it is plugged in do a battery pull. Remove the headset when the phone is back on. This worked for me. It seems that after a software upgrade or me loading a new app, the phone changed to headset mode even if I never plugged in a headset.
    08-08-12 03:49 PM
    This is a typical .3XX problem I have experienced in my case. No matter how many battery pulls I did but this problem I faced till I upgraded to .391
    .391 was the best amongst the .3xx series versions.
    I would suggest you give it a try.
    08-08-12 09:45 PM
    I upgraded to OS 7.1.378 a couple of weeks ago and could not be happier with it. However, over the last couple of days I have noticed that the standard phone audio doesn't work. The speaker works, the bluetooth headset works, but the regular handset doesn't. This presents a problem that I have no idea how to solve. Those calling hear me through the mic, but I hear nothing from them.

Any suggestions????
    I'm going to ask a really dumb question. Because I've done it myself. Are you in the vicinity of a paired bluetooth headset that you might not have turned off and bluetooth is also turned on at the phone? The mike will still work, but you won't hear anything unless you use the headset.
    08-09-12 12:00 AM
    Good point Kraski! I've had this happen. As opposed to nfsw however, I have never had a problem with .378 regarding any issue, including mic and audio issues, and I've had it on since the first week in May when it came out. The problems I've read about seem to be in reference to the .4xx and .5xx versions not the .3xx versions. I know that a lot of people like the .391 and it seems to be a good build, but I have never until now, heard of an issue with .378 and recommend it to everyone. Hope you get your problem fixed. Good Luck!
    08-09-12 03:08 PM
    yes i have the same prob
    07-31-13 05:40 PM
    yes i have the same prob
    Have you tried updating your OS, at least past the early .3xx builds?
    08-01-13 01:47 PM
    Dear all,

The most simple way to fix your handset speaker when it does not work (if you are facing issue with speaker and you cannot hear the caller from mobile speaker but only with headset and loudspeaker) is by connecting the headset (wired headphones) and choose a song to play from your music list. While the song starts click on the OPTION button and then ACTIVATE HANDSET. The phone-speaker is now activated. There was not any software issue or broken speaker.
    12-14-14 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD