Since it was taking so long for Crackberry to get stock of the Mini Keyboards, I thought I would check the Blackberry store, and wonder of wonders, it said they had them in stock.

I placed an order today, and about a half hour later got a UPS tracking number for it being shipped!

Yes, it was $119, not $109 as here (or actually less than that here if you ordered with a coupon code), but to be honest, at this point I would like to have one in hand and be using it, so the extra cost was worth it.....Especially since I think I am low on the backorder list here and probably would not see it for at least another month.

So, if anyone else needs theirs sooner, you may want to check over at Blackberry and see if they still have any in stock....

-J
    jrohland likes this.
    06-06-12 01:48 PM
    As soon as I saw your post I went on Shop BlackBerry and ordered one. I just got the tracking number. Sweet! Thanks. By the way, they are out of stock again.
    06-06-12 03:19 PM
    Really, this is crazy. Did both of you order today? How is it out of stock... I just looked on the shopblackberry website and it say it's in stock. I had to purchase mine from thesource.ca in Canada. SMH
    06-06-12 03:43 PM
    I'm also waiting on shopblackberry to ship my BlackBerry music gateway, bought it on the 3rd and I'm on an inventory hold... It supposedly posted on the site for sale beginning of June.
    06-06-12 03:47 PM
    I bought two gateways. Just got a FedEx delivery today too! *fingers crossed*
    06-06-12 05:12 PM
    As soon as I saw your post I went on Shop BlackBerry and ordered one. I just got the tracking number. Sweet! Thanks. By the way, they are out of stock again.
    Hmm, they were still in stock when I checked a couple of minutes ago....If you look at the upper right side of the page it says "in stock" in the order box, but down in the specs box it says "Due to overwhelming demand, this product is no longer available for sale. Please check back on the next stock availability date." However, I think they just forgot to take that off, since if you add the keyboard to your cart, it takes the order and lets you check out......And they send the tracking number pretty quickly after that.

-J
    06-06-12 05:49 PM
    Yes I saw the red warning about overwhelming demand...
    06-06-12 06:12 PM
    I went to Staples in Nanaimo BC yesterday for something else and they had a few at $119 that had just arrived so got one. Salesman said they are one of the smaller stores so he figured the larger stores would have quite a few-they got a case but didn't ask how many that was. Works pretty well.
    06-06-12 07:07 PM
    I bought one today at the source, got it for last weeks advertised price of $99.00. They had 10 left in stock,,sales person said that he had stocked the shelves earlier that day and they were flying off. Later went to futureshop and they were also available up there for $119.00 and were selling fast there as well. Sales rep there had high praise for playbook saying it was their number 1 selling table now. His words was why pay over $800 for a 64gb tablet when you can get a same size playbook for $299.00. Its all in the marketing and its just now people are finding out what you can actually do with the playbook and it will only keep better...and even though the shares are down they are all really looking forward to BB10 and are convinced its gonna be a fantastic phone.
    06-06-12 08:08 PM
    Mini-keyboard is a great accessory - makes the Browser that much more functional with the mouse cursor capability....go for it - it's worth costs to enhance your PB experience, been using mine for last 4 weeks.....
    06-07-12 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD