Okay, like everyone is around here, I'm looking forward to the hallowed day Blackberry
    10 devices start hitting the market, and I would be among the first to stand in line for them.

But...when that day comes someone has to pry my 9900 from my cold hard hands, and that won't be pretty. No physical keyboards in 10 and that has two sides to the story.

Would RIM buckle and continue their traditional line? I certainly hope so.
    06-06-12 12:51 AM
    Who told you RIM wouldnt be making bb10 phones without keyboards? Its been mentioned dozens of times that the first phone will be all touch and there will be qwerty models afterwards.
    06-06-12 01:03 AM
    Have you watched the BB World footage? Heins said he wants BB10 to be the best typing experience on both touchscreen and physical keyboard. There will be physical keyboards in BB10. It just won't be on the first BB10 phone.
    06-06-12 01:05 AM
    Oh man, BB10 with physical keyboards ? Haha
    06-06-12 01:23 AM
    It has been mentioned numerous times that BB10 devices will eventually have a physical keyboard.
    06-06-12 06:36 AM
    I will probably purchase both a keyboard and non-keyboard BB10 device just as I did for BB7.
    06-06-12 07:38 AM
    I'm just now getting a 9930 so I won't be itching to change phones for a year or so.

I love the keyboard. I hope the virtual keyboard is great. Otherwise I may wait for the physical keyboard BlackBerry 10.

I just am not as accurate on a virtual. My Thunderbolt was nicely spaced out and intuitive. But I had to concentrate to type messages and use two hands always.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 06-06-12 at 07:42 AM.
    06-06-12 07:38 AM
    I just got the Bold 9900 on ATT and I have to say I am impressed. The keyboard is about as good as you will ever use on any device. RIM really dropped the ball in hyping BB10 too soon, which I think makes people want to wait and see rather than jump in the water with BB7 which is really an improvement over BB6 and actually has a browser that can hang with the likes of the iPhone.

Also the first device being an all touch slab when I think one of the biggest selling points for Blackberry smartphones is their great QWERTY keyboards is very risky. I know I won't dare buy an all touch slab, so I am skipping the London.

I am really hoping RIM makes BB10 devices that have builds similar to the Bold and Torch slider really soon. All touch slabs will not win over most of the dwindling BB faithful and its tough to convince people used to their Androids and iPhones with well known and proven OS's to jump ship to an unproven OS with far less apps and support.
    shemaree09 and ohhoneybee like this.
    06-06-12 08:00 AM
    Another huge banner needed.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-06-12 08:08 AM
    Yep RIM did say they're going to make a physical keyboard BB10.

It would be suicide if they didn't.

We need a count down timer showing us how long until launch of at least the first BB10.
    06-06-12 08:18 AM
    i just want to get something. I don't care keyboard or not. I am so tired of this 9800. God I am going through withdrawals. I only hope I can wait till BB10
    06-06-12 08:48 AM
    Yep RIM did say they're going to make a physical keyboard BB10.

It would be suicide if they didn't.

We need a count down timer showing us how long until launch of at least the first BB10.
    We can't have a countdown timer since we don't even know what is the exact date they're going to launch it...
    06-06-12 08:56 AM
    If I had a 9900 Bold, it would be very difficult to want to go to a BB 10 device so soon. But for those of us who don't have that phone, it will be a pleasure to jump at the new BB 10 device with a keyboard. I just hope that the form factor is similar to the 9900.
    06-06-12 09:06 AM
    Yes, I just managed to watch the BB world 2012 conference with Thorston talking about how they perceived the BB market as people who are successful. Very catchy phrase to throw around, and yes, he does mention that RIM would still be producing phones with physical keys...or at least hinted as such...

Thank God!
    Last edited by Speedygi; 06-06-12 at 09:12 AM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-06-12 09:08 AM
    Does anyone search anymore either here or on Google?! As has been stated probably at least a thousand times on this forum since BBW 2012: The first BB10 device will be all touch. RIM will be releasing a BB10 device with a physical keyboard in Early 2013. RIM is not abandoning physical keyboards.
    raino likes this.
    06-06-12 09:14 AM
    I just got the Bold 9900 on ATT and I have to say I am impressed. The keyboard is about as good as you will ever use on any device. RIM really dropped the ball in hyping BB10 too soon, which I think makes people want to wait and see rather than jump in the water with BB7 which is really an improvement over BB6 and actually has a browser that can hang with the likes of the iPhone.

Also the first device being an all touch slab when I think one of the biggest selling points for Blackberry smartphones is their great QWERTY keyboards is very risky. I know I won't dare buy an all touch slab, so I am skipping the London.

I am really hoping RIM makes BB10 devices that have builds similar to the Bold and Torch slider really soon. All touch slabs will not win over most of the dwindling BB faithful and its tough to convince people used to their Androids and iPhones with well known and proven OS's to jump ship to an unproven OS with far less apps and support.
    I think they should really publish a press release saying that physical keyboard models are in the works, this BB10 touch screen stuff is confusing people...
    06-06-12 09:19 AM
    I'll be using me 9900 until RIM (or somebody else?!) turns out something that works better. No problem here.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-06-12 09:30 AM
    OP,
    I agree. I am getting the BB10 device but I LOVE my Bold 9900.

I was at the golf course two weeks ago and I was typing an e-mail while my friend drove the golf cart. It was so easy, so BlackBerry awesome that I just don't know how I'm going to be able to let go of my Bold either.

For us that actually type and do stuff on our smartphones the Bold is just amazing. The size, the feel, just awesome.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-06-12 09:47 AM
    I wasn't convinced about the keyboard until I actually typed a long email with it, actually....
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-06-12 10:04 AM
    Who knows how long it will be before RIM makes a BlackBerry 10 device that will be able to replace my 99 as a primary phone.

For a while I have been saying I was going to stay with the old school BlackBerry devices for as long as it took for RIM to out do them. The 99 is the Zenith, the ultimate BlackBerry experience. BlackBerry 10 will pretty much be like starting over. Look at the early builds of iOS and Android. They both needed time to mature and BlackBerry 10 will be no different.

I have a Dev Alpha. It is a fun toy and I enjoy playing with it and I am really excited to know that I will eventually be able to trade it and an app for a real BlackBerry 10 device. I feel fortunate knowing that I will be able to use BlackBerry 10 without purchasing a new phone. Because if I had to buy one I probably wouldn't.

I plan on using the real deal BlackBerry 10 phone the same way I use the Dev Alpha. A media/entertainment device that compliments my communication device. Kinda like using the iPod touch with a Bold.
    06-06-12 11:44 AM
    I think they should really publish a press release saying that physical keyboard models are in the works, this BB10 touch screen stuff is confusing people...
    Dude, Heins came out on day two of BB World to explicitly state that keyboard models were coming.

Projected release is calendar Q1 2013.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-06-12 11:48 AM
    What RIM is basically saying is the traditional BB consumer is a knuckle walking troglodyte. Our fondness for physical keys and trackpads is evidence we are stubborn, recalcitrant throwbacks who just won't move into the iBorg slab era. RIM's got this though. If we want their latest gizmo or any ecosystem support, they have made it plain: Resistance is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.
    06-06-12 11:59 AM
    Who knows how long it will be before RIM makes a BlackBerry 10 device that will be able to replace my 99 as a primary phone.

For a while I have been saying I was going to stay with the old school BlackBerry devices for as long as it took for RIM to out do them. The 99 is the Zenith, the ultimate BlackBerry experience. BlackBerry 10 will pretty much be like starting over. Look at the early builds of iOS and Android. They both needed time to mature and BlackBerry 10 will be no different.

I have a Dev Alpha. It is a fun toy and I enjoy playing with it and I am really excited to know that I will eventually be able to trade it and an app for a real BlackBerry 10 device. I feel fortunate knowing that I will be able to use BlackBerry 10 without purchasing a new phone. Because if I had to buy one I probably wouldn't.

I plan on using the real deal BlackBerry 10 phone the same way I use the Dev Alpha. A media/entertainment device that compliments my communication device. Kinda like using the iPod touch with a Bold.
    Don't forget that both iOS and Android were their respective companies' first excursions into the world of mobile computing. RIM has the benefit of having been in the mobile market before either of them, which means it has the experiences of BBOS -- both good and bad -- to learn from. Not to mention the version you have is basically an alpha, not even a beta yet. I wouldn't expect BB10 to have anywhere near the same kind of growing pains as those two.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 06-06-12 at 12:08 PM.
    06-06-12 12:06 PM
    I know the Dev Alpha is in no way indicative of what final BlackBerry 10 hardware or software will be. I am well aware of that and my above comment about BlackBerry 10 not being able to replace my Bold has nothing to do with my experience with the Dev Alpha. I have felt that way long before I picked up my Dev Alpha.

RIM has a bad track record with new types of products. Look at how much experience RIM had with mobile Email, PIM and Auto Text before they released the PlayBook. Those years of experience didn't help any there. We know for a fact RIM has experience with keyboards yet, BlackBerry 10 won't launch with those either.

I know one thing for sure, BlackBerry 10 won't be launched with a physical keyboard I don't like touch screen keyboards. Don't matter how good the software is, you are still typing on a flat surface. So for me at least, BlackBerry 10 will not be able to replace my primary communication device at launch. Also, no one knows when RIM will get around to releasing a BlackBerry 10 phone with a keyboard. The way it is now they may not ever get the chance to if BlackBerry 10 doesn't have a successful launch.
    06-06-12 12:52 PM
    Oh man, BB10 with physical keyboards ? Haha
    Troll alert
    06-06-12 01:19 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD