What should I do to get rid of this? Its not like this before. I used to have 24 apps. And I deleted most of them and the remaining ones are the ones I use everyday. Any tips to get rid of the spinning clock? It freezes my phone for like 20-45secs
    06-04-12 09:22 PM
    I did the exact same thing, I have been seeing the clock more times then I want to. I hear or have heard that an O/S update gets rid of that, and am waiting for Verizon to release the latest one. I heard it was supposed to be the end of May and here we are almost a week into June already, and still no sign of it. I only got the clock on occasion, but as of the past few months, it is really starting to annoy me. For now all I can do is a battery pull
    06-05-12 12:01 AM
    What should I do to get rid of this? Its not like this before. I used to have 24 apps. And I deleted most of them and the remaining ones are the ones I use everyday. Any tips to get rid of the spinning clock? It freezes my phone for like 20-45secs

Is this a freshly installed OS (ie after a device wipe?). If not I would do a wipe.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 12:39 AM
    I don't do wipes anymore. Because I'm having issues with Bbsak. It only detects my phone as a Storm 2. And wouldn't detect any OS for my 9860. And I'm afraid to wipe because I think OS 7 devices are more sensitive than OS 4.6 to 6 devices
    06-05-12 01:00 AM
    I don't do wipes anymore. Because I'm having issues with Bbsak. It only detects my phone as a Storm 2. And wouldn't detect any OS for my 9860. And I'm afraid to wipe because I think OS 7 devices are more sensitive than OS 4.6 to 6 devices
    Ok. I use BlackBerry Desktop manager and have 3 OS7 phones -- 2 Bold 9930's and a Torch 9850. I have done probably 10 wipes on all those combined and never yet encountered an issue. But anyway to each his/her own. Good luck.
    06-05-12 02:43 AM
    No issues with BBSAK wipes here. I would say wipe & shrink the OS with BBOSS. Getting rid of the extra langs and fluff makes a huge difference.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 06:31 AM
    The spinning clock issue is also often caused by the media card in ur device. More particularly because of the enable compression option.

Go to options >>> device >>> storage >>> turn off enable compression.

This usually does the trick
    06-05-12 06:35 AM
    I too had this problem with BBSAK. There is a newer version of BBSAK that will recognize your device is without a problem. You can Google it. Then wipe the phone and start fresh.
    06-05-12 06:47 AM
    I had the latest release. It supports the 9850. But not the 9860 I think. Read it in some blog or something. I forgot.
    06-05-12 07:50 AM
    I hardly ever see the spinning clock. No shrinking unless you count not installing the extra languages by unchecking them before hand. Granted I don't use many apps or any social stuff. Yes when installing an app its there.
    06-05-12 08:07 AM
    The only languages I have is english,chinese,japanese,korean which I use almost all the time
    06-05-12 08:16 AM
    Do you use social feeds? Have things updating all the time? Have any apps that load at startup? Have you run the memory cleaner?
    06-05-12 08:25 AM
    I have had horrible timer spins, I thought this last os upgrade had fixed it but in the past 24 hrs I've had spins that lasted upwards of 45 seconds.. Ugggh
    06-05-12 08:26 AM
    I had the latest release. It supports the 9850. But not the 9860 I think. Read it in some blog or something. I forgot.
    I've done wipe to my 9860 using jl_commander and bbsak. Both works fine. Probably you're using an older DM version or older bbsak version.
    06-05-12 09:04 AM
    The clock spins on my phone (9000) after a day or two of normal use. it does that when it runs out of memory from normal use, the only solution is a reboot.

Rebooting the phone every few days is 'normal' for the current BB os. (hopefully not for BB10).

you don't mention it so I don't know if you are having the issue after a reboot?

(and you don't have to pull the battery, there are numerous apps to just click and reboot)

check how much memory (file free) you have after a reboot, and notice how that number goes down steadily with use, when it reaches 0 your phone will be almost unusable, but nothing that a simple reboot won't solve.

(http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/...lackberry-pin/)
    To access the Help Me! screen on a BlackBerry smartphone using touch screen technology (such as the BlackBerry� Torch™ 9850 smartphone):

Hold the escape/back key
    Tap the top left of the screen
    Tap the top right of the screen
    Tap the top left of the screen
    Tap the top right of the screen)

Good luck
    Last edited by mnemanov; 06-05-12 at 10:00 AM.
    06-05-12 09:51 AM
    I have social feeds. And set them to manual refresh when opened. And no apps open on startup. Just Yahoo messenger and viber
    06-05-12 11:02 AM
    What is viber?
    06-05-12 11:07 AM
    Its an app that can give you free calls and txts. Locally and internationally. For iOS,android. While BB and WP7 is currently on beta so its only limited to messages. They said that they're working on to add voice calls in the coming months.
    06-05-12 11:51 AM
    Did your issue start shortly after installing that?
    06-05-12 11:57 AM
    Actually NO. But when I installed bebuzz. It started. But I already uninstalled bebuzz. And its still there but not too severe anymore. But when it spins its long
    06-05-12 12:00 PM
    I know it is a pain but have you backed up, wiped and tried a restore only restoring what you need and not settings or even a different OS?
    06-05-12 12:28 PM
    If so, set it so it reboots the phone every morning at around 4/5 am, or before you wake up.

I didn't have any issues with my Storm2 (os2 sloooow), had meterberry on it and had it reset/reboot every day or two about an half hour before I woke up and grabbed my first cup of joe.

Don't really need it with OS 7 (WAY FASTER), but I still do the same procedure. No issues at all, except when I went to OS 7.1 from VZW. That caused issues, that I suspect are due to the Hot Spot feature in that build which is the predominant rreason for that particular OS upgrade.

Meterberry rocks, and yes I do have BeBuzz also installed and no issues.

Hope I helped.

C
    06-05-12 04:02 PM
    Guess what. I deleted the browser data. (Cache,cookies,password etc) and haven't experienced any spinning clock in almost 24hours
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-05-12 08:42 PM
    When I get a persistent spinning clock problem, I remove my most recent new apps. I've done this 2-3 times and it fixed the problem.

I have written before - I wish someone would write an app that lists your additions in chronological order - I can't always remember what I added last - especially if I didn't start using it right away.
    06-05-12 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD