Any chance RIM would bring back the Pearl with LTE support, a better 8MP rear camera with auto-focus and LED, a higher capacity battery, maybe 0.35" thick? Maybe specs from the Bold 9900/9930?

Although I do like the full QWERTY keyboard on the 9930, sometimes I'd prefer the simplicity of a wireless "phone", ie for only calls, real short text messages and occasional web surfing/app use to check bank account balances, etc.
    Adimin Baik and RobertP1 like this.
    06-03-12 10:10 PM
    It would be nice but I don't think a new version will be released.
    Adimin Baik likes this.
    06-04-12 01:50 AM
    I for one would be all for a new generation Pearl - purely because it's a great little powerhouse, and the smallest most pocket-friendly smartphone on the market!
    Adimin Baik likes this.
    06-11-12 08:29 AM
    That would definitely be my next device.
    Adimin Baik likes this.
    06-13-12 12:40 AM
    It would make sense to see RIM diversify and make a device that's great for those who would prefer great call quality, duplex speakerphone, bright and responsive screen, big buttons with great tactile feedback. The Pearl is a great platform for such a device.

I for one would be all for a new generation Pearl - purely because it's a great little powerhouse, and the smallest most pocket-friendly smartphone on the market!
    06-17-12 09:17 PM
    Since there was no OS7 refresh of the Pearl, I doubt it's going to come back with BB10/4GLTE.
    Everyone wants bigger phones, and the form factor of the Pearl is dying.
    06-17-12 09:20 PM
    I think it's dying because no manufacturers are willing to take the risk and produce a "decent" one. If RIM put the 9900s hardware specs in the Pearl form factor, it'd be hot.

Responsive touchscreen, fast enough processor, BB traffic, big buttons for dialing, full duplex speakerphone, nice camera. It'd be a hot seller! IMO

Since there was no OS7 refresh of the Pearl, I doubt it's going to come back with BB10/4GLTE.
    Everyone wants bigger phones, and the form factor of the Pearl is dying.
    Adimin Baik likes this.
    06-19-12 09:46 AM
    + it'd discourage people from texting behind the wheels, and it'd be easier for smaller pockets.
    Adimin Baik likes this.
    06-19-12 09:48 AM
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I want a smartphone that isn't really big like the Pearl, but also one that has buttons instead of only a touch screen. The Pearl is perfect... but I doubt we'll see this get made.

Your thread title got me excited though -- I thought it had been announced, dangit!
    Adimin Baik and RobertP1 like this.
    06-19-12 07:21 PM
    i too would buy this in a heartbeat. my 9100 is starting to show it's age and honestly none of the phones on the market (bb or otherwise) really appeal to me. maybe rim will surprise us all and toss a bb10 pearl 4g in 013, but i kinda don't think thats gunna happen. i thought a pearl slider would be pretty sweet... like a mini torch, but with suretype. that would be cool.
    CheddarTrek likes this.
    07-19-12 09:31 PM
    I'd be first in line for an updated Pearl, 4G or no 4G

Love the small pocket friendly format and it's perfect if you need the best mobile email and messaging experience that RIM is reknowed for but without the bigger and more bulky device. I use my Pearl far more than any other Blackberry including the 9900.
    Adimin Baik likes this.
    10-17-12 06:22 AM
    It would be nice but I don't think a new version will be released.
    Yeah, probably not, but, it would be hot.......especially on the new/improved BB10 Platform. I would get one.
    Adimin Baik likes this.
    10-18-12 06:22 AM
    Still love my Pearl cause of pocket size and good battery. Would buy new version.
    Adimin Baik likes this.
    06-01-13 02:08 AM
    I am using this phone for more 2 years, and was bought the 2nd unit few months ago as a backup.in case of failure phone.

This is main primary phone since I am driving a lot. T9 Keypad model (not QWERTY) is a big advantage for this usage. I could handle it with one hand. Typing and performing some task without seeing screen etc.. At huge traffic jam, this phone help me a lot to check traffic information from local traffic twitter information, while I can check Facebook notification and BBM Messenger. The AUTOFOCUS of this phone was Amazing, I thought this is the first and only phone with high grade autofocus camera and have a great Macro (close-up) shooting-camera. The Flash also very bright and useful when you need emergency flashlight together with Video Record (+flash).

The battery performance was great. I am using the push function (Email,Facebook,twitter,BBM) only. By using EDGE/GPRS manual Network selection, the standard battery could last 2 days.

I hope the next version of Blackberry OS10 will available soon, and definitely I would buy one!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Pearl 4G LTE?-pearl9105.jpg  
    07-07-13 02:49 PM
    Almost 2 years since my original post. I guess, no love from BlackBerry?
    03-16-14 07:11 PM
    Funny, I was thinking that phones are getting so big and complicated now that a pearl is something I'd actually consider getting just to keep in a pocket for when I don't want to carry a larger heavier more burdensome phone around.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    01-04-15 09:45 AM
    I miss SureType. The keys were so nice and big and the prediction system worked so well. I'd buy a new device with it in a heartbeat. But.... It's not going to happen. So, I'm hanging on to the old Bold.

A new pearl flip would be nice, but me and 10 other people would buy it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-04-15 09:21 PM
    Yeah, I miss that moment
    08-09-15 12:08 PM
    This is a dream I think best let die.
    09-27-16 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD