hey guys!

first off i love my bb... i dont have any friends so this thing is kind of like my child after i sacrificed my android device for being too annoying..

anyway.. i just need to know if this is something i should expect and it will go away as its still fairly new (2-3 months) or i need to take into my local rogers store and get sent away for repair .. ! !!

the trackpad...

i scroll down... after a little while sometimes itll just jump up a couple icons... the trackpad still kinda squeaks like its new but.. not sure..

keyboard!

ok so im a speed typer, so if i type my password lets pretend its genesis, it will sometimes get it and somtimes it wont... ive gone up to 4/10 before i get it right.. and i had to press quite hard to make it register...

is betty the berry sick? or still new?

help me obe1 kinobe.

srsly! im freaking out.
    05-31-12 10:52 PM
    On the matter of the trackpad, mine does the same thing. Well, mine moves to the left. I've had my phone since December and it still does it time to time. So I'm not sure if it'll just go away.

If you're having typing problems because of speed, there should be a setting for the keyboard speed.
    05-31-12 10:59 PM
    I don't have either issue. I bought mine in September. But as a previous poster suggested...there are ways to adjust the keypad speed. Good luck!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-31-12 11:22 PM
    for the keyboard i see the "key rate" setting but that seems to be just how fast it switches from like "c" to "C"..

if i go into memopad and hit the letter "f" (it does it quite often)

if i press it down normally without extra force it will take 4-5 presses to register.
    or i can simply give'r and itll go. but i feel like i should have to...

06-01-12 12:33 AM
    I would take it back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-01-12 12:41 AM
    sniff... do you think they may just over the counter it with a new one?? that would be swell
    06-01-12 12:48 AM
    sniff... do you think they may just over the counter it with a new one?? that would be swell
    If it's within the date you can return it, they might give you a new one off the shelf. I had vzw do that for me. I bought a tour and my trackball didn't work that well, so I went back 2 days later and they just threw me a new one.

If not, refurbs are still good. There are some people that get stuck with refurbs with problems, but you can just get another one if that happens.

Hope things work out.
    06-01-12 01:32 AM
    The trackpad is probably the weakspot of any BlackBerry in the market nowadays. I'd suggest going to Rogers and having the device replaced if it the trackpad problem persists. I am pretty sure they'll replace it for you because it's very common among ALL BlackBerry devices that use a trackpad. I have had three 8520, two 9780, and one 9800 replacements because of the trackpad, not to mention my friends who replaced countless devices for the same reason.

But that's why you have a touchscreen, so you can try to minimize the usage of the trackpad as much as possible.
    06-01-12 07:26 AM
    My trackpad squeaked when I first got it but it will eventually go away. You should also try to adjust the sensitivity. Just type "trackpad" in the Universal search bar and choose options.

With the keyboard, you need to adjust the speed as well. Type "keyboard" in the Universal search, and change the key rate to Medium fast or Fast
    06-01-12 10:14 AM
    Yeah, take it back - try out the replacement while you are at Rogers too.
    06-01-12 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD