I'm looking for a free IM program and have heard many different opinions, I'm not sure if AIM is free on my curve so besides that, I'm looking into Instago, or MSN Messenger for a good IM application has anyone has any experience with Ramble IM? which one is the best IM app?
    09-16-08 07:55 AM
    BeeJive IM (JiveTalk). It has a price tag, but, I among many others (do a search in the forums) believe it is very well worth it!
    09-16-08 08:13 AM
    BeeJive has coupon codes on the forums if you do some digging. It gets it down to 15 dollars and for what you get its a good value.
    09-16-08 08:18 AM
    I like the Blackberry Messenger myself but for a messenger you can use with everyone, MSN Live Messenger works really well.
    09-16-08 08:21 AM
    all the free ones that combine services generally suck with poor user interfaces or serious stability issues.

the individual apps directly from blackberry work quite well. if you use 2 or more, i highly recommend buying beejive as it integrates aim, yahoo, windows live, gtalk, jabber, and icq into a single program that's a much smaller footprint on the device. plus it incorporates group chat and file transfer capabilities... all under 1MB.

but if you only need one client, check out mobile.blackberry.com on your device. all of them use data, so it wont affect your bill as it currently stands.
    09-16-08 09:03 AM
    Hello all. I'm still very new to crackberries, but has anyone ever tried Palringo? I used to use it on my WM 700wx and worked pretty well....
    09-16-08 10:13 AM
    Free AIM (uses data):

BlackBerry - Instant Messaging

Free Mobile IM (AIM, Yahoo, MSN Messenger bundle, uses SMS):

VZStart
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-16-08 at 10:23 AM.
    09-16-08 10:17 AM
    BBmessenger or yahoo for me.
    09-16-08 10:19 AM
    RambleIM disconnects a lot, but it is free. I've had it for a while now and it's good enough to use.
    09-16-08 11:04 AM
    Hello all. I'm still very new to crackberries, but has anyone ever tried Palringo? I used to use it on my WM 700wx and worked pretty well....
    you should download it and try it.
    09-16-08 11:05 AM
    WebMessenger isn't bad. I use it in the meantime until I can get the new AIM to work on my VZW 8330.
    09-16-08 11:19 AM
    you should download it and try it.
    The OP wanted an all in one messenger. I was merely throwing another option out there.
    09-16-08 11:47 AM
    Try AIM and Windows Live Messenger. You'll be set. They're free for everyone and work great.
    09-16-08 12:11 PM
    EQO is free, but IMO, JiveTalk (though not free) is better.
    09-16-08 02:50 PM
    I'm enjoying instango's new beta release. It's really starting to rival jivetalk, and what's better is it's free.

I think instango's interface is better, I even prefer gtalks interface too jivetalk, but in the chat, jivetalk still wins. However, instango has added it's own new "bubble's" look that, while in it's infancy still has some issues, is pretty cute.

instango's downside and jivetalk's benefit is that instango will only allow you to log into 1 type of account at a time, while jivetalk allows multiple.
    By this I mean, you can log into gtalk, aim, some type of jabber account, yahoo, etc. But you can only log into 1 gtalk, 1 aim, etc. account. For jivetalk, you can log into multiples.

I don't like palringo and you can't save your chat history.

If you want a free, multiple messenger, I would go with the new instango beta.

I haven't been able to get WebMessenger to work and EQO is terrible.
    09-16-08 03:18 PM
    I just downloaded AIM yesterday and I really like it. It is free and it's setup is pretty nice.
    09-16-08 06:31 PM
    I use beejive, I had it on my 8830 that i sold, but i paid for a transferrable license because i knew eventually i'd have another berry adn sure enough after months of not using it i was able to switch my license from the 8830 to the 8330 hassle free. =) Well worth the 25 bux I paid.
    09-17-08 04:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD