Has anyone been able to access the new BB App Generator?

i've registered, received verification of registration; but alas no invite and no access.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-30-12 04:28 PM
    Thanks for requesting an invite for BlackBerry App Generator.

Now that you've registered your interest, we'll send you an email once we launch so you can start generating some apps!

In the meantime, you can create a BlackBerry Vendor Portal Account in order to publish your apps in BlackBerry App World once they are ready. This process can take a few days, so we advise doing it now so your account will be approved once BlackBerry App Generator launches.

Still nothing yet.
    05-30-12 04:41 PM
    App generator??
    05-30-12 04:41 PM
    Thanks for requesting an invite for BlackBerry App Generator.

Now that you've registered your interest, we'll send you an email once we launch so you can start generating some apps!

In the meantime, you can create a BlackBerry Vendor Portal Account in order to publish your apps in BlackBerry App World once they are ready. This process can take a few days, so we advise doing it now so your account will be approved once BlackBerry App Generator launches.

Still nothing yet.
    Ooh i see...
    05-30-12 04:42 PM
    Yap... i too received that same message and do have an account for App World.

The wait continues with much anticipation.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-30-12 06:04 PM
    AFAIK, the app generator is like those other app generation sites (for android and iOS) that basically take your RSS newsfeed (from a blogger or whatever) and package a nice app around it.

How it works is I think they have an app templated already to read and display RSS. Then when you generate the app, it hard-codes the RSS feed address you provide and other things (like color scheme, an icon, and name) into the app, and then compiles it into a BAR file.

I assume we still have to sign it and upload to appworld. Or else, you would log in with your vendor portal credentials and it would sign and package everything for you, and put it into your account. Then you would complete the submission and publish it.

Is that how it will work? I am assuming and you know the old joke...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    05-30-12 08:14 PM
    I can confirm that I got the email to start creating an app on the website just an hour ago. It said the following:

Great news: BlackBerry App Generator has just launched its private beta program and you're invited to join! The public launch won't happen for a few more weeks, but we thought we'd give you early VIP access.

In order to get started, just create a BlackBerry App Generator account. Once your account has been verified you'll be able to generate your first app! All you'll need is:

App Icon (minimum 480x480 pixels, .png or .jpg)
    App Logo (ideally 480x120 pixels, .png or .jpg)
    Content Feed (RSS or ATOM format)

Sound easy enough? Create your BlackBerry App Generator Account now!

To create your BlackBerry App Generator account, visit: BlackBerry� App Generator - Create Account

Don't forget that you'll need a BlackBerry Vendor Portal account in order to publish your apps in BlackBerry App World once they are ready. This process can take a few days, so we advise doing it now so your account will be approved once BlackBerry App Generator launches.

To create you BlackBerry Vendor Portal account, visit: https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal

- The BlackBerry App Generator Team