I'm sure that there have previously been topics on this before, but the nature of my key search terms tends to muddle the results so I'll just fire the question out there.

I currently have the convenience key on my Blackberry 8830WE (Sprint) mapped to lock my BB when I press it. This has been MASSIVELY helpful in allowing me to prevent various mishaps. Now what I REALLY want is to be able to map the buttons on top of the phone to something else (Like switching between profiles). Is this possible?

Secondly. Is it possible to have the profile default to silent or vibrate if an appointment in the calendar is set as busy?

TIA!
    09-16-08 12:04 AM
    you can only map the buttons for the left and right convenience key.

the other buttons on the face of the bb are fixed, which in my opinion is the beauty of the bb.
    09-16-08 02:49 AM
    yes this is true and you will be switching the functions soon as you get more apps and all
    09-16-08 06:13 AM
    Oh well. It never hurts to try. The top two buttons on my BB are useless as I never use them. I was hoping to map them to something else. Ce la vie.

Thanks for the responses!
    09-16-08 12:19 PM
    I currently have the convenience key on my Blackberry 8830WE (Sprint) mapped to lock my BB when I press it. This has been MASSIVELY helpful in allowing me to prevent various mishaps.
    Are you aware that by depressing the MUTE button for about 2 seconds it locks the keyboard and blacks the screen? When you want to use your berry again just push the MUTE button again and it comes back to life. This would free up your convenience key for something else.
    09-16-08 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD