Hello just wondering if anyone else using a 9850 or any other bb for that matter experiences the issues I've been having.

Seems no matter what OS I'm using, I am on the official USCellular right now, that the browser at times will just hang and do nothing. If I close and open it several times I will get the same until it will load at some point. It will be fine for a period of time and then it will do it again.

Thanks for any input as it annoys the heck out of me when it is acting up.
    05-27-12 10:38 AM
    I'm going to say it's probably the network and it's network congestion, or your signal going from 3G down to 2G. Least that is my guess.
    05-27-12 11:14 PM
    Thanks. That is what I'm thinking but thought it could be my phone or the OS on it. That is why I was wanting to hear from others on uscellular and particularly in northern IL. I guess there aren't many of us.
    05-28-12 04:19 AM
    Does the browser do nothing, or can you move the cursor around but the screen won't move down?
    05-28-12 09:17 PM
    It just starts to load, the bar goes a quarter inch or so with a white screen. I'll wait for a bit and just close it.
    05-29-12 05:26 AM
    Thanks. That is what I'm thinking but thought it could be my phone or the OS on it. That is why I was wanting to hear from others on uscellular and particularly in northern IL. I guess there aren't many of us.
    Northern IL USCC user here....I want to say that I've noticed that a couple times on my 9850 (running official USCC 7.1 release). But I want to say that I just chalked it up to either network or browser. I'm in the 60084 zip code (30 mins from the city) so I think our network here in the Chicago Metro area tends to get a little more congestion. I always have a great signal, but I did notice that when I was out in Osceola IA for two weeks, my browser was much faster. So I'm thinking most web slowness is due to all the Android freaks on our network ( sorry, couldn't resist the shot )

I mainly use Opera as my go-to browser, since that's what I use on my desktop mostly. I like having all my bookmarks synced OTA. If you leave Opera running in the background, when you long press on a link, it will give you the option of opening the link in Opera.

At any rate, I haven't noticed the problem you described a whole lot. I should also say that I tend to use my PB browser and surf over Bridge a lot as well.

I guess I never realized you were a fellow northern Illinoisan...lol if we ever run into each other I think the planets will get thrown off course to see two people with 9850's and PB's on USCC
    05-29-12 12:26 PM
    Thanks for the reply John! I was thinking network but you never know, some of these OS builds don't have the best radio files in them.

Yes we wouldn't need the planets thrown off course

I'm more north central. We probably are a select few.
    05-29-12 12:32 PM
    My browser does the same thing. It usually happens while the phone is switching from 3g to 1X or if it's roaming and looking for a home tower.
    05-29-12 01:57 PM
    Happens to me with the phone sitting in the same place and good signal. It'll work fine for a few hours, then act up, then be fine again for awhile.

Thanks for another reply.
    05-29-12 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD