If I go to location settings
    And turn off location services and settings will that stop the ability to be tracked on:
    Family maps?
    Gps and location apps?
    Etc?

A rep told me that the cell towers could still reveal my location.. But is that more of a general location like a city or state, or is that pricse down to the meter like a gps..
    ?
    Anyone?
    05-26-12 01:01 AM
    Is this employer issue bb device? Yes triangulation can still track you and its pretty accurate this days.
    05-26-12 01:51 AM
    If I go to location settings

And turn off location services and settings will that stop the ability to be tracked on:

Family maps?

Gps and location apps?

Etc?

A rep told me that the cell towers could still reveal my location.. But is that more of a general location like a city or state, or is that pricse down to the meter like a gps..

?

Anyone?

It depends on where you are if they can triangulate your location. If you are in a developed country you are most likely surrounded by cell towers so triangulation will be no problem, but on the other hand in for example Cambodia you will most likely NOT be triangulated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-06-12 08:31 PM
    NOPE, you can't hide from the WIFE.....no matter how hard you try
    Last edited by spencerdl; 06-06-12 at 08:39 PM.
    06-06-12 08:36 PM
    NOPE, you can't hide from the WIFE.....no matter how hard you try
    Lol funny. That's exactly what happened.
    06-12-12 12:25 PM
    Getting close to tmi
    06-18-12 08:23 PM
    Well those apps that everyone uses (Twitter, etc.) dont use triangulation, they use GPS. If you shut that off, I doubt a spouse will be able to track you, lol.
    06-18-12 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD