i'm looking for ebooks for my torch. can anyone recommend a good app?
    05-23-12 07:02 PM
    I have used the ereader apps available for both my blackberry and android devices. It all depends on what you are looking for. There are both Kindle and Kobo apps, if you want to stick with the DRM chained books. Both of these apps work well on the blackberry, but, of course, you will be paying a price for the books. One advantage of Kobo is that it will support epub format, which is available from libraries for download. There are also free ebook readers, but they will not work with DRM infected books. There are ways to remove the DRM, but this is not the place to discuss this. There is also mobipocket, which has been said to work well on the torch. There are many free books available from Gutenberg press, among others.
    05-24-12 12:37 AM
    PS, there is a thriving ebook community called mobileread forums
    05-24-12 12:45 AM
    I love the amazon kindle app. It is easy to use. But the only problem is that the screen of the Torch isn't that good for reading books. And the app is only for US customers... amazon.com/kindlebb
    05-24-12 04:55 AM
    I use the Kindle ap and love it. Visit eReaderIQ.com for a listing of free books for Kindle. You can also sign up there for a daily alert on recently avalable free Kindle books.
    05-28-12 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD