Hey guys thought I'd share my latest offering with you. its a newer external battery pack,which is capable of recharging our beloved playbook. The link is below please consider stopping by my channel as well if you would like. Many thanks for reading my thread it is greatly appreciated

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbYMIWTUktM[/YT]

Best Regards Andy
    05-22-12 01:03 PM
    Nice video.
    05-22-12 03:39 PM
    Nice! Too bad you can't get this in Canada...
    05-22-12 10:16 PM
    Hey guys thought I'd share my latest offering with you. its a newer external battery pack,which is capable of recharging our beloved playbook.
    You totally need to be running Battery Guru to show the actual charging power with this hooked up! ;-)

(Disclaimer: I wrote it, and also I have imbibed Margaritas tonight. Fair warning!)
    05-22-12 11:02 PM
    Nice! Too bad you can't get this in Canada...
    NEW TeckNet iEP390 Battery Charger 11000mAh Mobile iPhone iPad iPod | eBay
    05-22-12 11:38 PM
    Do you ship to Brasil?
    05-23-12 01:19 AM
    Double post has been removed
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 05-23-12 at 10:03 AM.
    05-23-12 06:35 AM
    Thanks for this. I will totally purchase this if someone follows peter9477's's suggestion and posts a pic of of the device hooked up to a PB/Battery Guru. Does the charger come with a North America type wall-plug?

PS @peter - I have just registered for BB10 Jam in Toronto on June 21. I know that you already have your alpha device but it would be grand to see you at the Toronto event.
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-23-12 06:37 AM
    Out of curiosity, why the two different amperages on the ports? Wouldnt the device only draw the current that is required? I could understand two different voltages, but they are both USB ports.

And I second (or third if peter's margarita suggestion counts hah) the battery guru video reading while using this.
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-23-12 07:10 AM
    Off-topic, sorry:

PS @peter - I have just registered for BB10 Jam in Toronto on June 21. I know that you already have your alpha device but it would be grand to see you at the Toronto event.
    Buzz, I'm registered too, looking forward to meeting the rest of the Toronto BB dev community, even though I won't get a second Alpha.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    05-23-12 08:53 AM
    Thanks for this. I will totally purchase this if someone follows peter9477's's suggestion and posts a pic of of the device hooked up to a PB/Battery Guru. Does the charger come with a North America type wall-plug?

Ok bro I'll do a video ASAP and post the link on this thread. If you follow the link to my channel in the description theres a link to the company that sells them and they do provide the right connectors wall plugs for Europe and Americ.

Many thanks for the comments guys please keep em coming I do appreciate it

regards. Andy
    05-23-12 12:01 PM
    Andy,
    What is the internal battery made of? I know there are (this is just an example) AA rechargeable batteries with a 2500mAh rating but the recharge count on those is relatively low (NI-MH i believe). I am curious if higher capacities could be had as well (as putting a bunch of AA in parallel would give you 1.5V and 2500*x number of batteries for current and this in theory should do better).
    05-23-12 12:29 PM
    Andy,
    What is the internal battery made of? I know there are (this is just an example) AA rechargeable batteries with a 2500mAh rating but the recharge count on those is relatively low (NI-MH i believe). I am curious if higher capacities could be had as well (as putting a bunch of AA in parallel would give you 1.5V and 2500*x number of batteries for current and this in theory should do better).
    Hey Mr Sith
    Many thanks for your comment.. The battery pack is a sealed unit but th. Internal battery is lithium ion.
    05-23-12 12:52 PM
    Hey Mr Sith
    Many thanks for your comment.. The battery pack is a sealed unit but th. Internal battery is lithium ion.
    The LI-ION is an excellent thing to hear, so similar recharge count to the Playbook's own internal battery I would guess. Is 10,000mAH the only size it will come in, or will you/they be making larger ones as well? (I do understand that the 10k mAH is a significant increase over the existing).
    05-23-12 12:54 PM
    Thanks for the review! Based upon it I just ordered this one from Amazon:

TeckNet� iEP392 12000mAh Dual-Port 3.1Amp External Battery Pack and Charger

Not the same model exactly, but I'm looking forward to trying it out. I was going to buy a vehicle charger for my PlayBook, but decided one of these would be more versatile.
    05-23-12 02:16 PM
    you should also display the wire going from the batt directly to the PB, not saying that you did but you could have a AC powersupply hooked to the PB and not the batt.

Thanks
    05-23-12 05:33 PM
    I saw that one...but its not the same one. I really like the 10000 mah one reviewed because it charges with a std micro USB at 2amps. Hard to find one like that...when they get that big they typically have the dc separate charger, which I don't want when travelling. Looked everywhere for the Iep389 for Canada...no luck.
    05-23-12 09:41 PM
    you should also display the wire going from the batt directly to the PB, not saying that you did but you could have a AC powersupply hooked to the PB and not the batt.

Thanks
    Many thanks for your constructive comment. Your quite right and I
    Have made sure the charging cord is in full shot, for my next offering.
    I really appreciate your comment because it enables me to provide better
    Content.

All the very best regards
    Andy
    05-24-12 12:29 AM
    Cool video, I have tried looking for that and similat models on ebay but have had little luck...

found this on Amazon.ca though:

Anker Astro3 10000mAh Dual 2A USB Output External Battery Backup and Charger for iPhone 4S 4G, iPod, iPad 2, iPad 3, Tablet, MP3 MP4, E-readers, Kindle, Sony PSP, Nintendo DS / DS Lite and Most Android Phones - Black [18 Months Warranty]: Amazon.ca:

I don't know if it will do the job of charging my playbook...
    06-22-12 07:22 AM
    Any comment on this device might work with the dead battery problems discussed in so many other threads?
    06-22-12 01:02 PM
    Any comment on this device might work with the dead battery problems discussed in so many other threads?
    On, you mean trying to use it for Stack Charging? Interesting idea - portable defibrillator for the pb!
    06-22-12 02:53 PM
    Hey guys thought I'd share my latest offering with you. its a newer external battery pack,which is capable of recharging our beloved playbook. The link is below please consider stopping by my channel as well if you would like. Many thanks for reading my thread it is greatly appreciated
    Best Regards Andy
    The link below is for his channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/vertica...?feature=watch

Lots blackberry Videos
    Thanks Andy
    06-22-12 03:57 PM
    On, you mean trying to use it for Stack Charging? Interesting idea - portable defibrillator for the pb!
    I guess I was not sure what effects would be observed. One would think it could dump power in at a much faster rate than the USB from a computer and maybe that would jump start the PB without stack charging. Don't know what the wave form from the AC chargers is and how that interacts with the charging circuitry. The Battery Guru may be able to comment further once he gets some data.
    06-22-12 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD