This is really just a share...but I was so thrilled.
    Last Friday my husband and I were out for a drink at our local. We were just getting ready to leave when I noticed a very distinctive-looking phone on a table near me. I immediately recognized it as the BlackBerry Porsche phone. Having never seen one except on the Intewebz it was amazing to see it. I asked if I could have a look at it - its owner who told me he works for RIM- graciously allowed me to play with it for a bit (he unlocked it for me). He said it was just like the 9900 (which I own) but different body and customization. but oh boy this phone is awesome! I think he wasn't surprised at someone swooning over his phone I reluctantly handed it back to him and thanked him for letting me play with it and said I was looking forward to BB10.
    I would ditch my 9900 in a heartbeat for the Porsche model though even though hopes of my ever owning one are zero. What a cool phone!
    Anyway, seeing and actually playing with one totally made my day and I just wanted to share it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-20-12 04:37 PM
    Jealous! Lucky you.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    05-20-12 04:51 PM
    Thanks for sharing, I have yet to see one in the real world. I know I would have enjoyed playing with a P9981 as well
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    05-20-12 04:54 PM
    I would have handed him my phone and asked him to take my picture with the p9981!
    -keeping the tradition going by adding the yellow smiley at the end
    Last edited by nappp; 05-20-12 at 05:16 PM.
    05-20-12 05:13 PM
    My wife says I can get this phone as long as I bring her the Porsche... The one with four wheels and sport suspension ...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-20-12 05:40 PM
    My wife says I can get this phone as long as I bring her the Porsche... The one with four wheels and sport suspension ...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Did she mention it had to run? I hear walmart have some that only cost 29$ ... Just make sure YOU buy the phone thoguh or she might pull the same trick haha
    05-20-12 06:09 PM
    I have yet to see one in real life.
    05-20-12 06:53 PM
    I would have handed him my phone and asked him to take my picture with the p9981!
    -keeping the tradition going by adding the yellow smiley at the end
    Yes, I really should have asked him to take my picture with it (and I regret not doing so ) but I was so busy admiring it I didn't think of that until afterwards. I literally couldn't believe I was actually holding the the amazing BB concept phone. You will note I didn't even know the model number! It was a little surreal. Something I won't forget though
    05-21-12 01:33 AM
    I have yet to see one in real life.
    I never thought I would see one in real life either. Totally unexpected.
    05-21-12 09:48 AM
    Good for you but personally, i think it's one of the ugliest phones i have seen. People here in NY buy it because they want to show off but since berries are not as popular any more, people don't even know it's uber expensive ( no pun intended.) People are like, blackberry...ehwwww.
    Obviously those are the kind of people you buy the porsche edition for so it ends up back firing.
    05-21-12 10:48 AM
    That phone has no real value and I dont see the big fuss.......O.K. Im jealous and I want one!
    05-21-12 10:52 AM
    OH I wish I had one too. I'm afraid if I had been there I would have drooled all over it. I want one SO bad. Just can't scrape up an extra $2000.00 to do so.
    05-21-12 11:55 AM
    OH I wish I had one too. I'm afraid if I had been there I would have drooled all over it. I want one SO bad. Just can't scrape up an extra $2000.00 to do so.
    Well, it was certainly "droolworthy" at least to me . I don't think I'll ever buy one myself as there's the little issue of it being 2 grand...but it was quite the experience seeing it in real life. He was off getting a beer and came back to find this girl drooling and exclaiming over his phone LOL... He was very gracious about it...I'd already picked it up. His gf was just laughing at me.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-21-12 05:34 PM
    At the Trigcom Blackberry shop in Oslo they have a couple of these phones in the shop for demos and for people to test. Come and play!
    I have testet one and it most be coolest phone on earth! But 14 000 norwegian kroner, is a little to much for me
    That's about 2681.952 Dollars, it's crazy! Hehe
    05-21-12 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD