currently have a screen protector, i put it on badly so i took it off today and glue or what ever material used behind the protector is all over my screen and the side of my phone i used the screen protector by body guard, wiping it with a cloth is not help and i don't wanna scratch my screen

so any advice on how to remove sticky solution we be appreciated
    05-19-12 01:09 PM
    wow 41 views and not help,

help badly needed please
    05-19-12 04:56 PM
    got some off used a methylated spirit
    05-19-12 05:21 PM
    Scratch it off slowly without trying to scratch it.
    05-19-12 05:49 PM
    wow 41 views and not help,

help badly needed please
    This is not a forum of paid support personnel, and it's Saturday. Chill! Combine that with a very difficult problem, and it just may take time for someone with an answer to come along.
    05-19-12 07:41 PM
    I would suggest rubbing (or isopropyl) alcohol. Take the battery out first (just in case) and use just a splash of the alcohol onto a cloth (or paper towel if you'd prefer) and wipe. When clean, wait a few minutes to put the battery back in.

You shouldn't need to use enough alcohol that it is dripping off of the cloth, or that it will seep into or behind the screen but it certainly won't hurt taking the battery out.
    05-19-12 08:21 PM
    Denatured alcohol will work well too. You can get it in hobby stores. Don't use acetone or mineral spirits, you can damage plastic parts. If alcohol doesn't help, try acetone free nail polish remover.
    05-19-12 09:46 PM
    Goof Off from Home Depot.
    jegs2 likes this.
    05-19-12 10:42 PM
    Sounds weird but try using eucalyptus oil. It will remove residual glue that usually left off by screen protector easily.
    05-19-12 10:50 PM
    Using lighter fluid with naphtha (zippo lighter fluid) will clean sticky residue off anything. I use it for cleaning things all the time. BE SURE TO TEST A TINY PART first to make sure it doesn't eat away at the plastic. I clean guitars with it all the time, and it does wonders.
    05-20-12 07:10 AM
    Goof Off from Home Depot.
    Will second that - haven't tried it on a plastic phone screen, but it works well on a plastic motorcycle windshield.
    05-20-12 09:32 AM
    Will second that - haven't tried it on a plastic phone screen, but it works well on a plastic motorcycle windshield.
    Goof Off can melt some plastics.
    05-20-12 09:53 PM
    Wow, 10 suggestions and no report how it worked!!!
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    05-21-12 10:45 AM
    I bought a new housing cover for my blackberry curve 8520. I went on youtube to see how this was done so i thought grand but i didn't know the lens was held in with glue :/ until i pulled it off in order to put the new housing cover on anyways i got my new cover on but no lens as it was wrecked , i ordered a new lens to replace it but there is still glue on the LCD screen, its not that bad but just to give it that smooth clear surface look ? what will i do ? don't know weather to use alcohol or acid free acetone ? HELP !
    05-23-12 03:11 PM
    Eucalyptus oil will work wonders... The smell it leaves after that will deter off some thieves as well... Hahaha...
    05-25-12 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD