Is their a way to get an all Black face plate on the 8330. I which mine was all black like the new one coming out for Nextel or the preview images of the 8330 before it was actually released. I stuck my fingernail between the case and it leads me to believe the cover clips on and off, but I just want to be sure and if anyone knows where to get the all black color.

It would be nice if mine can look like the one in the image which I got from here "http://www.mobileguerilla.com/articles/2008/04/01/sprint-blackberry-curve-8330-launch.php" giving credited so it is not to "steal" the picture.

Thanks

ps. if forum rules don't allow posting URL... I will edit it accordingly immediately.
    09-15-08 01:46 PM
    09-15-08 04:18 PM
    Yes I saw the nextel also with the PTT yellow bordered heavenly chirp chirp button. I'm not sure if the face plate comes off but I can check when I get home. Dissect my old T-mobile curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 05:38 PM
    hmm....faceplate or housing? there are no housings for the 8330 being sold online as of yet..but a faceplate? I'm sure you can find a casing on ebay. I got a clear facing for mine on there, but it's clear...
    09-15-08 06:18 PM
    I wish the faceplate could be changed easily. I'm to scared to paint the cover. Last time I tried do painting the can exploded when I tried opening it and sprayed my car in the garage. no joke (fixed under house insurance)

The funny thing is I don't think the black faceplate is for sale; since I cant add it to cart.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/mak...ossible-72474/
    Last edited by triplecore; 09-16-08 at 09:14 PM.
    09-16-08 09:12 PM
    you can paint it...but you can't buy replacement 8330 housings yet. You'd have to paint the one you have.
    09-17-08 12:32 PM
    I have never seen a face plate, but i know you can send your berry in to get painted.
    09-17-08 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD