I charged my once a day for a roughly a week using the Playbook charger because it charged faster. Now, when I try charging with the original cable and wall adapter, I get an error message; "The charging source connected to your Blackberry device cannot charge your battery."

I tried using the phone charger and cable to charge another phone and it worked just fine.

In addition, I can't use the cable to connect the Playbook to a computer.

Bad cable? Is there anything particular to Blackberry cables I should know about?
    05-17-12 08:26 AM
    Have you recently loaded any new apps on the phone? There was a post here last week regarding an app that causes the error you are getting.
    05-17-12 08:41 AM
    maybe a battery pull will help? (sometimes it works even without explantion )

usually a micro usb from your pc (if it is not a shared usb port) should charge a BB. Do you have a second cable available to test if the org. is broken?
    05-17-12 09:08 AM
    did you try rebooting the device? I sometimes get that and rebooting fixes it
    05-17-12 09:09 AM
    Sheesh I hope I don't get this problem as I have started to charge my BB Bold with my PB charger.

From 0% to 100 % my 9900 took 45 mins.
    05-17-12 09:57 AM
    I have only had my 9900 for a couple weeks. I have switched between PB and USB charger without issue. Most times using the PB charger. Try a different cable.
    05-17-12 10:06 AM
    I have only had my 9900 for a couple weeks. I have switched between PB and USB charger without issue. Most times using the PB charger. Try a different cable.
    Mee too, depending on the situation I've use both chargers without incidents. Maybe a 3 minute battery pull will fix the problem
    05-17-12 10:10 AM
    I have tried restarting the device and an overnight battery pull.

The cable was used with a car charger on a non-blackberry. Could too much current have damaged it?
    05-17-12 03:27 PM
    Anything is possible when third party accessories are used. I suggest taking your phone to a cooperate carrier store and have them do a diagnostic test on the device
    05-17-12 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD