Hi!

I have made online service for easy application conversion.

Of course, not every application can work on Playbook. Please rate the application if it run or not.

PlayBook .apk to .bar converter

About conversion of newer version
    If you have uploaded the file and got the result don't be confused with displayed version number. It's probably exactly what that you want.
    When you upload the .apk file I'm looking for the md5 sum. If no application with this sum is found, I'm looking for package name and internal version number displayed by blackberry conversion tool. I'm not an android developer and I don't know what this number means but typically it's different from real version number. It's impossible to sign the file if the application with same name and version number has already been signed. So if the author updates his application without increasing internal version number I can't do something with it. This is not my restriction, this is restriction of RIM.
    Last edited by unkernet; 10-27-12 at 05:27 AM.
    05-17-12 02:48 AM
    Uh.. No offense but... why?

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/bpaa/
    cuong205a and El Bori like this.
    05-17-12 03:07 AM
    First, you can convert application with one click, without requesting signing key from blackberry and installing android sdk.

Next, official online tool checks for full API compatibility. There are many applications that can not be converted via official tool, but works perfectly.
    nick13b and MaungLmm like this.
    05-17-12 03:21 AM
    First, you can convert application with one click, without requesting signing key from blackberry and installing android sdk.

Next, official online tool checks for full API compatibility. There are many applications that can not be converted via official tool, but works perfectly.
    Personally, I'd rather learn the actual process of getting keys and doing it myself using the readily available tools -- the SDK/NDK doesn't do checks either. Great for the lazy I guess, lol. I'm sure some folks out there will enjoy the ease.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    05-17-12 03:30 AM
    Thanks for this conversion website, I do convert myself but this can be used in different computers.

Just a bit out of topic, if I want to move my signing keys etc to another computer, how do I do it?
    05-17-12 05:53 AM
    Thanks for this conversion website, I do convert myself but this can be used in different computers.

Just a bit out of topic, if I want to move my signing keys etc to another computer, how do I do it?
    Go to C:\Users\"YourUserNameHere"\AppData\Local\Research In Motioni
    Make a copy of author.p12, barsigner.csk, barsigner.db
    When copied to a different computer they should go back there.
    And keep a copy someplace just in case.
    fbloise and anon(3870164) like this.
    05-17-12 06:45 AM
    amazing work i would be helpful for users like me, who are noobs hats off
    05-19-12 01:36 AM
    Excellent! I have all the stuff to sign my own apps but just can't be arsed to do it.

Just fed it the SID Player I wanted and it's converted. Not synced over yet but THANKS! Very useful.
    tkedch and Shadowyugi like this.
    05-20-12 05:36 PM
    Good job. But the fault belongs to RIM.
    Actually I personally have a script on my server called market2bar which can directly fetch *.apk from google play, and then package and sign it to a *.bar file, automatically.
    However, while we know apps that rely on "native_code" are certainly not going to run, we never know which app can run on PlayBook without any problem before we actually test it. (For example, the Schemer app was just released, and haven't any API incompatibility whatsoever. But it just cannot log in.)
    And even such an app does run on PlayBook, who knows how long the system will keep it from crashing.
    So my point of view is, I don't think we can really make any use of such poor, limited and unstable support of android apps of PlayBook.
    Last edited by CrackOp; 05-20-12 at 11:48 PM.
    therealjoeblow likes this.
    05-20-12 11:29 PM
    Hey, can you post the source? (Or can I take a peek at it?)
    Thanks!
    05-21-12 12:15 AM
    Personally, I'd rather learn the actual process of getting keys and doing it myself using the readily available tools -- the SDK/NDK doesn't do checks either. Great for the lazy I guess, lol. I'm sure some folks out there will enjoy the ease.
    Or for those of us who recently lost a computer, its nice to be able to have the means to convert apks for the time being.
    05-21-12 12:28 AM
    I have try converting my apk's but none of my apps worked..
    05-21-12 12:43 AM
    please dont delete all the converted apps. instead make a directory of all those "last converetd apps", (users might have the choice of sorting them by alphabetically or by rating). please add this functionality to your site. personally i think ur idea of collecting all converted apps in this way is great. by having this directory based feature or searching feature, you will quickly make ur website a popular bbpb app world store.
    05-21-12 10:27 AM
    Dude! You Sir are a GOD! You da Man!
    Thank you

Your site must be getting slammed because I was only able to get two converted before I got the dreaded "Waiting in queue..." Wait your turn!

Anyways thanks BIG TIME GOOD IDEA ... GREAT JOB!

Is the web site down? I cant get anything but "Waiting in queue"
    Last edited by cyberLURKER; 05-22-12 at 04:16 PM.
    05-22-12 11:33 AM
    great tool

i too am noticing that after 2 apps my app is stuck in queue
    Last edited by dosboxwasthestuff; 05-22-12 at 07:57 PM.
    El Bori likes this.
    05-22-12 07:54 PM
    Same here stuck in que
    05-22-12 08:10 PM
    PLEASE remove the "last converted" list as many of them are paid apps.
    SifJar, pkcable and KermEd like this.
    05-22-12 11:47 PM
    I gave it a try with Spare Phone (I paid for it.) and it worked. In fact its the only Google Voice app from the Android that allows voice calls on the Playbook.
    05-23-12 12:36 PM
    As new files come on "last converted", where does the previous ones go? Are they still accessiable?
    05-24-12 01:58 PM
    This. Is. Awesome.
    05-24-12 02:53 PM
    i tried Pocket frogs, and after installing it on my playbook it hangs on the initializing screen?? any help??
    05-25-12 08:05 AM
    sorry, but i'm a complete noob. i was able to use your app converter, i downloaded it to my playbook, but get the "unable to find default app" error. how can i get this to run?
    05-25-12 10:50 AM
    sorry, but i'm a complete noob. i was able to use your app converter, i downloaded it to my playbook, but get the "unable to find default app" error. how can i get this to run?
    You need to sideload the .BAR file to install it. There are plenty of tutorials on the forum and on Crackberry blog as well.
    05-25-12 01:22 PM
    Very useful website. Thank you so much.
    05-27-12 09:54 AM
    PLEASE remove the "last converted" list as many of them are paid apps.
    Yeah, this can't be good... I'm checking out the site and they have a lot of games that I paid for (Spiderman, Starfront, NOVA, etc.) on the main page. Bad news for devs
    05-27-12 07:26 PM
147 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD