Via the verge:

source link: Blackberry 10 app tray revealed (updated) | The Verge

read comments for picture source
    05-16-12 07:23 PM
    Haven't we already seen this?
    05-16-12 07:27 PM
    Haven't we already seen this?
    Yes, it was on the CB blogs. OP is probably a little late in the game.
    05-16-12 07:29 PM
    These app icons are going to rock on the rockin BB10 screens
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    05-16-12 07:32 PM
    The icons look so crisp and clean.
    05-16-12 08:05 PM
    I didn't see *this* image - that looks MUCH better than the placeholder grid of repeated icons.
    05-16-12 11:22 PM
    Yes, it was on the CB blogs. OP is probably a little late in the game.
    yeah yeah what he said!

just a friendly reminder that RIM is playing things very close to the chest
    05-16-12 11:29 PM
    I didn't see *this* image - that looks MUCH better than the placeholder grid of repeated icons.
    Yeah, I never saw this particular image. If it was on the CB homepage, I must've missed it.

I like it. It looks so clean and crisp. Like you said, much better than the placeholder they showed at BBWorld (I never was too fond of that design).

I wonder if the clock app icon updates in real-time, kind of like the calendar app.
    05-16-12 11:36 PM
    that looks like BB10 gonna have very good pixel density and no we haven't seen the close up image only the repeated icons... i think

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    05-17-12 01:49 AM
    Looks nice hope the wait is going to be worth it
    05-22-12 03:28 PM
    Does anyone else agree that the pixels seem to be un spotable? I don't see any jagged edges on the rounded leaves, plus it's zoomed in. That would be amazing if it was better than the retina display
    05-22-12 03:47 PM
    Does anyone else agree that the pixels seem to be un spotable? I don't see any jagged edges on the rounded leaves, plus it's zoomed in. That would be amazing if it was better than the retina display

I agree entirely and I actually think its better than retina display...according to pixel density its quite a bit better than iPhone's retina display...also if Apple increases screen size on iPhone 5 that may result in a decrease in pixel density! I think BB10 Flagship will blow other phones out of the water!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-22-12 05:34 PM
    I agree entirely and I actually think its better than retina display...according to pixel density its quite a bit better than iPhone's retina display...also if Apple increases screen size on iPhone 5 that may result in a decrease in pixel density! I think BB10 Flagship will blow other phones out of the water!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I sure hope it's better than the retina...alot of people look to screen quality when choosing phone. Question, though.
    When you compare the screen on the playbook and the iPad 2 or 3, something else is different. If you look at the playbook on a pretty steep angle, you can't really see much on the screen, except the white colored back light. When you do the same with the iPad, you can still see it normally. It seems like the actual screen on the iPad is closer to the front of the iPad...maybe thinner glass ontop? Anyway, does anyone know what I mean? The ipads screen seems "flatter" or something.
    05-22-12 05:57 PM
    Am I the only one that wishes that once and for all they lose the wording under the icons. Seems like
    a completely unnecessary use of real estate.
    05-22-12 08:44 PM
    The wording should be a customizable option. Would be nice if it could be turned off.
    05-22-12 09:00 PM
    That is the first time I have seen that image too.
    05-22-12 09:00 PM
    Am I the only one that wishes that once and for all they lose the wording under the icons. Seems like

I'm with you. We all know what pictures mean.

As far as display. They display has more dpi than retna on the dev alpha so that makes it better than retna.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-22-12 10:30 PM
    graphic seems nice
    05-22-12 10:41 PM
    Is the image supposed to be just a small part of the home screen? All I see are 2 and a half icons clipped at the top and the clipped tops of the next row of 2 and a half icons. Why can't we see the whole screen? What are we supposed to get out of that? Yes, it's high resolution, but we already knew that.
    05-22-12 10:46 PM
    very,very good looking!!! Impressed RIM going in the right direction!
    05-23-12 05:54 AM
    I for one am glad they still have the name on the icons. I can't always remember what the icons stand for and at a quick glance I can find the app I'm looking for. Also if you use themes, these sometimes change the icons, so having the names along with an icon is a plus for me. I must admit though, that having an option to turn them on or off would be a huge bonus for some.
    05-23-12 06:34 AM
    who here thinks iphone will start to lose interest, therefore lose (Apple) market shares? like any company, there are ups and downs.

I really think RIM will make a comeback.

Sent from ERain's CrackBerry 9930
    Yoox_II likes this.
    05-28-12 08:20 PM
    Definitely. The iphones upcoming redesigned OS will be the beginning of the end of their seemingly endless victory streak ...I can't wait haha
    05-28-12 08:39 PM
    Owwww shiny!
    05-28-12 08:42 PM
    Definitely. The iphones upcoming redesigned OS will be the beginning of the end of their seemingly endless victory streak ...I can't wait haha
    Sorry but not sure where u heard or saw a redesigned OS for iPhone...but that is not going to happen! I really hope that was sarcasm you were using there!
    05-28-12 08:49 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD