How can we check which application occupies how much storage?
    05-16-12 02:19 PM
    How can we check which application occupies how much storage?
    App world.

You can find the app and check the MB size. Now I'm not sure how well that correlates with actual storage space used on the device as that MB size is most likely the size of the app or game. In terms of computers you can install a program that is 300 MB but the installed program can be 1 GB for instance.

So far I haven't been able to find anything that can accurately show that, but right now App World MB counts seem to give a somewhat ballpark figure for app size.
    05-16-12 02:33 PM
    The problem with App World is, it does not list pre-installed apps. And on top of it, you cannot sort by the size each app takes, so you have to go one by one.. That's a pain when you got A LOT of apps that were installed to try, and now you want to see which ones took up space the most, so you can delete them..

App World is not the fastest app itself, as you know..

Would it have been so much pain for RIM to include Applications in Settings just like Blackberry OS?
    05-16-12 03:10 PM
    I've found appworld to be very inaccurate. This is a good idea for a app if any devs are reading this.
    05-16-12 03:24 PM
    Does PB OS 2 allow 3rd party apps to access installation/uninstallation data?
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it was read only. As long as it can provide the list of application and space used by it. We can always switch back and forth and use the OS itself to delete the apps.. Memory manager? Space manager? Storage Manager? Something like that..
    05-16-12 03:34 PM
    Ghost Commander gives info, including size, of all android apps installed. Not exactly what you want, but it gets you part way there.
    05-16-12 10:41 PM
    Yeah, I barely have any android apps. Just a few. With only 16GB space it fills up rather fast when you have videos in there. I also wanted to find out if we can check the App World's cache.. I might just start by clearing the cache if there are serious space issues.
    05-16-12 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD