Hey guys,

I found this course for beginner developers on Android and Ios. It could help beginners wanting to develop for PB using android. Check it out, its in Toronto On May 26th and 27th
    I have already signed up and I'm really excited to learn how to make android apps from the ground up

Mobile Development Bootcamp - Eventbrite
    Last edited by StormMan1988; 05-16-12 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Grammar
    05-16-12 07:23 AM
    I found this course for beginner developers on Android and Ios. It could help beginners wanting to develop for PB using android.
    If you want to develop applications for the BlackBerry PlayBook, learn to develop native applications rather than for another platform and then port them. There are plenty of tutorials available including Qt for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    BB_Bmore and diegonei like this.
    05-16-12 12:32 PM
    It does make sense for you to learn how to program for the Playbook is itself rather than Android or another platform.
    05-16-12 01:47 PM
    I think that its better to be able to have an app on many different platforms and an easy way to do it is by developing for android and then porting to Blackberry.
    05-16-12 02:34 PM
    I think that its better to be able to have an app on many different platforms and an easy way to do it is by developing for android and then porting to Blackberry.
    Ahh... The double edged sword that poked RIM straight in the arse! LOL
    05-16-12 04:57 PM
    The majority of consumers appear to prefer "native" on BlackBerry so using your approach would only apply if you were targeting Android devices and wanted an easy way to gain access to the growing BB10 market.

If you want to take a chance with a one-size-fits all approach, t's better to choose Adobe Air as your development platform and output your project for iOS, Android and BB10. Or choose HTML5 which is truly cross-platform. However, if you are writing a high performance game (or an Astronomy app) you will want to use native SDKs on each of your target platforms. This means Objective c on iOS, Java with native extensions on Andoid, and NDK on BB10. Porting can be a lot of work but there are no shortcuts if you want to fully exploit the strengths of each of the platforms!
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    05-16-12 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD