Tonight leaving my brother's restaurant grand opening, left the playbook on the car roof while securing the kids in (too many Crown n' Cokes - Wife drove) 10 blocks away I remembered. While circling around I find it on the street and watch a car drive over it.

I get out, pick it up and prepared for the worst. The icon case was rough. The playbook didn't have a scratch. Phew.

First comment from wife "my iPad would have been crushed"

Again, phew
    05-15-12 10:57 PM
    Wow!! Glad it survived that... I would have been crushed too if anything like that happened to my PB..

Whewwwww Close call.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-15-12 11:16 PM
    05-15-12 11:16 PM
    Sounds like you got a series of lucky bounces. If I were you, I'd go buy a lottery ticket... But then again, maybe you used up all of your luck...
    05-15-12 11:21 PM
    Yeah when the car drove over it my stomach dropped.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-15-12 11:52 PM
    I hope you keep that case... just put a sticker on it that reads... "War Wound" ....
    battery, smweb, Willard814 and 2 others like this.
    05-16-12 12:13 AM
    Yeah! One of a kind case that will remembering you. I would take it.
    Willard814 and jafobabe like this.
    05-16-12 12:18 AM
    Tonight leaving my brother's restaurant grand opening, left the playbook on the car roof while securing the kids in (too many Crown n' Cokes - Wife drove) 10 blocks away I remembered. While circling around I find it on the street and watch a car drive over it.

I get out, pick it up and prepared for the worst. The icon case was rough. The playbook didn't have a scratch. Phew.

Again, phew
    Are you the type of person who backs out of their driveway / parking spot without doing a visual inspection outside the vehicle and again inside the vehicle before driving off? At least you didn't strap your kids to the hood of the car.
    05-16-12 01:29 AM
    Are you the type of person who's not so completely anal-retentive/obsessive-compulsive that you might make a mistake? OMG!!!
    jamesjmunro, Hamp, battery and 5 others like this.
    05-16-12 01:52 AM
    Are you the type of person who's not so completely anal-retentive/obsessive-compulsive that you might make a mistake? OMG!!!
    When the operation of a motor vehicle is involved there is no margin of error. And yes I have locked the keys inside my truck and make no claims to being perfect.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-16-12 02:10 AM

Glad it is a tough mofo.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-16-12 02:19 AM

Again, phew
    Matey .... sorry .... but that story's hilarious!!!

Yeah, I know it's also a darn painful story, but hey .... what a good ending!!
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-16-12 02:23 AM
    When the operation of a motor vehicle is involved there is no margin of error. And yes I have locked the keys inside my truck and make no claims to being perfect.
    Lucky there was no kids in the motor vehicle when you did that.
    05-16-12 03:45 AM
    i know crown and coke maybe your drink of choice but have you considered switching over to "Lions Winter Ale" Granville Island. Microbrewery based out of Vancouver, Canada.

"Combines premium malt with aromatic specialty hops. The vanilla-like finish of this robust ale is a great excuse to get out of the ocld and enjoy BC's favourite winter beer made from only the finest.'

U might be able to find a few cases left as this is a seasonal beer. Ultra-good no complaints. Of course the vanilla flavour if delish
    05-16-12 04:06 AM
    Are you the type of person who backs out of their driveway / parking spot without doing a visual inspection outside the vehicle and again inside the vehicle before driving off? At least you didn't strap your kids to the hood of the car.
    To be fair to the OP he did state that he'd had a few drinks and that he wasn't the one driving.
    05-16-12 04:14 AM
    Yeah, but does he eat his kids, or even pets?
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 05-16-12 at 04:58 AM.
    05-16-12 04:56 AM
    PlayBook and alcohol don't always mix well.
    05-16-12 04:56 AM
    Wow, great story with a happy ending.
    05-16-12 06:14 AM
    Crown and Coke? Way too sweet!

Try Four Roses small batch bourbon. Without all that sweetness you can drink more. If you pass out there is no chance of drunkenly leaving your playbook on the roof of the car. Of course, your wife won't be too happy.
    battery likes this.
    05-16-12 06:31 AM
    Lucky there was no kids in the motor vehicle when you did that.
    If not for the witty humor of this forum, the readership, myself included, would be bored to death.
    battery likes this.
    05-16-12 07:03 AM
    To be fair to the OP he did state that he'd had a few drinks and that he wasn't the one driving.
    Yes, and the sarcasm of my original response has been missed. Maybe I was under the influence of severe thirst when I typed those words and secretly envied the OP for having quenched his thirst. Anyway, once again the BlackBerry PlayBook proves itself to be the Timex of tablets.
    battery likes this.
    05-16-12 07:07 AM
    Yes, and the sarcasm of my original response has been missed. Maybe I was under the influence of severe thirst when I typed those words and secretly envied the OP for having quenched his thirst. Anyway, once again the BlackBerry PlayBook proves itself to be the Timex of tablets.
    Wait, what? Somebody licked their Playbook? Why? Won't they have to clean the screen now?
    05-16-12 11:13 AM
    Crown and Coke? Way too sweet!

Try Four Roses small batch bourbon. Without all that sweetness you can drink more. If you pass out there is no chance of drunkenly leaving your playbook on the roof of the car. Of course, your wife won't be too happy.
    Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Scotch. Enough said.
    battery and kstock like this.
    05-16-12 11:18 AM
    Agreed. Americans do many things well, but whiskey, beer and cigarettes are not on that list.

OP, glad your playbook survived.
    05-16-12 12:36 PM
    @OP

I had my 9900 fall off the roof of my car, realized it in minutes and the screen was shattered, you my friend are one LUCKY man

you MUST send a letter to the case manufacturer and say thank you

Puuushhaaa

Macallan Scotch Whisky is the way to be!
    05-16-12 12:39 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD