I downloaded the file, deleted the vendor xml and the device xml, tried to upgrade via apploader.
    It keeps saying that my system files on my phone are newer than the upgrade files. So, i cancel the upgrade.
    What did I do wrong?
    05-15-12 08:07 PM
    I don't think you were supposed to delete the DEVICE.XML file. If it is still in
    your recycle bin, restore it and try the update again.

If it is not in the recycle bin re-run the OS installation file and this time delete only the
    VENDOR.XML file.
    Blacklatino and peteygrizz like this.
    05-15-12 08:22 PM
    I tried just deleting the vendor.xml file and I get the same result
    05-15-12 08:32 PM
    Run this and if it finds another take note of the location and delete it if it is in a RIM or blackberry folder. You might have to enable hidden files and folders to find it.

Click start,type cmd, enter, cd\ [enter], dir vendor.xml /s /p [enter] let it run, take note of where it finds them and go delete them from those locations and try again.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    05-15-12 08:43 PM
    I switched computers and got the update to start working but now i got a 507 error and my device is bricked.,...what do i do?
    05-15-12 09:05 PM
    Error 507 means there is no recognizable OS on your phone. Follow the instructions
    in this thread
    05-15-12 09:34 PM
    When you fix it all.
    Do a root search for vendor.xml theirs two you have to delete. One with the app loader the other. Can't remember.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-15-12 11:17 PM
    There are 2 venodr.xml files. You ahve to find them both and delete them. One is in the program files>common files>research in motion>loader directory. The other is in the user>[username]>appdata (a hidden directory)>roaming>esearch in motion>blackberry directory
    05-16-12 09:57 AM
    I don't think you were supposed to delete the DEVICE.XML file. If it is still in
    your recycle bin, restore it and try the update again.

If it is not in the recycle bin re-run the OS installation file and this time delete only the
    VENDOR.XML file.
    Agreed! You were not supposed to delete the DEVICE.XML file. go to your recycle bin and restore it if it's still there. If not, I'm not sure how you will get it back. Once it's back, do a search for Vendor.xml and there will be two files. Make sure that they say Research in Motion somewhere in the string as other programs also have Vendor.xml files like Quickbooks for one. Once deleted, you may want to try the DM method of installing it and see if it works.
    Good Luck!
    05-16-12 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD