Hi all,

dropped my 9900 on the pavement the other day - I missed my pouch trying to put it away. After that the speakers have been sounding very, high pitched? Not sure if that is an accurate method of describing it. The 9900 doesn't seem to have the same deep tone that it did before for the ringtone, message beeps, even BlackBerry traffic. Can anyone think of a resolution for me? From my understanding, there is only one speaker on the 9900 so what else is going on with it?

Thanks.
    05-14-12 04:29 PM
    As a result of the fall, the device may have had some movement and maybe a connection was severed, or wires being pinched. Difficult to determine without opening the device up. Take it in to be looked at by a repair shop. Plenty in and around the Bathurst and College area.
    05-14-12 04:55 PM
    Usually this means that something internally has damaged and the only way to fix it is to take it apart. But I would rather take the phone to a repair shop rather than trying to do and break something else. If the connection between the motherboard and the speaker is weak, they have the tools to re-attach it.

I hope you can fix it cheap. If you are a kind of person like me who use the phone for work, sport and school, it may be a good idea to buy a case like OtterBox Defender. Sure it add bulk to the phone, but I have dropped the phone on hard concrete several times with no damage.
    05-14-12 05:12 PM
    There is 2 speakers. But the one for the ringers and speaker phone is the one your having a problem with. There is no wires just gold connections. However sounds like the speaker it self maybe out of wack. I could repair it or help you do it your self grab my pin and bbm me. Ill be glad to help you out.
    05-14-12 05:13 PM
    Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback - much appreciated. When I heard I had to open up the guts of this thing I decided to double check everything on the exterior to make sure it was in the proper spots. Guess what - it wasn't. I looked over the casing and on the bottom of the case (see attached pic), the case wasn't sitting properly from the drop. *snap* It got closed and the sound is back to 100%. Damn...I did want to win Kevin's bold though but at least this got fixed.

Word of advice to everyone, dropped your phone? Check the exterior case to make sure everything is aligned and sitting properly before opening it up. That might solve a basic problem. Thanks!
    05-16-12 01:07 PM
    Hey would you be willing to help me? I did the same thing to my phone...my pin is 28CF21B6.

There is 2 speakers. But the one for the ringers and speaker phone is the one your having a problem with. There is no wires just gold connections. However sounds like the speaker it self maybe out of wack. I could repair it or help you do it your self grab my pin and bbm me. Ill be glad to help you out.
    09-30-12 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD