So I have found many related topics but none of them have answered my question.
    I'm currently abroad for 6 months so I bought a local sim card, activated bbm and the works. When I plugged it into my phone upon the startup it asked me to enter my blackberry ID and password. I entered my email address and password and it said that it was incorrect. I then clicked forgot my password and it told me that "your request cannot be completed. Please ensure that your blackberry ID has been activated and that you have typed in the correct email address." At this point, it won't let me go anywhere. I went online and logged onto my Blackberry ID account and changed my password multiple times, neither of the times did it work on my phone. Also, the website also says that my blackberry ID email address has been confirmed. I tried only putting in my screenname into the blackberry ID screen on my phone but it tells me that I need to put in an email address. I have contacted my service provider (Qtel from Qatar) and I bought my phone unlocked from a Carrefour so that shouldn't be a problem. Qtel was no help, told me that I needed to talk to the service provider here where I'm abroad- Italy. I set up two sim cards with two italian service providers here, Vodafone and Wind, and neither sim works on my phone. I am completely lost- sorry for the long post but can anyone help me out here?
    05-14-12 11:33 AM
    Put in your home SIM card and get logged into BBID again, then make sure you have a wifi connection when you try the other cards. They may not be setup with BIS data or may need the service books downloaded. Either way, if you are on wifi, your BBID will verify even with no SIM in the phone.

Get at least your original SIM working, then troubleshoot from there. If your original SIM will not provide you with data where you are at, you may be out of luck.

The bottom line is you will not be able to use your phone until you get the BBID logged in or do a security wipe and re-enter the BBID. With a security wipe, you will loose all your data.

There have also been some posts about people not having any success changing SIMs and the only solution was a security wipe. The suggested way of changing SIMs is to ensure you leave your old SIM in until you are in the new country (you can turn data roaming off) and then establishing a wifi connection. After a wifi connection is made, you should be able to change SIMs.
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-14-12 at 12:07 PM.
    05-14-12 11:59 AM
    Also, call your Italian carrier and make sure that they have the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) data plan applied to your account, and that your PIN has been released by your old cellular provider. It may be an issue with the provisioning of the data plan.
    05-14-12 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD