Initially, the rep said that the Bold was going to be released in the "fall" and when I mentioned the Sept. 24-26th release date or a hard release on October 2nd, she said that's what she's been told. I hung up. She called back in about 5 minutes and told me that they had a meeting a few days ago and that the Bold release has been pushed back to December? Any validity to this statement or did she divulge the release date to me when she wasnt supposed to? I'm tired of waiting. Ugh
    09-15-08 07:21 AM
    Easier said than done I know as when I was waiting for the bold it was agony.......BUT don't beleive anything until you hear it for 100% sure.

Customer service reps at phone companys are notorious for getting things wrong, I know hear at orange UK you can speak to 5 different people and get 5 different stories.

I phoned up about the bold to be told "they had never heard of it", "its already out" "it's delayed" "we are not going to be stocking it"

Honestly just wait until some FIRM updates!!
    09-15-08 07:27 AM
    Feelingsleepyyet1 there is no set date for the Bold release. Only thing AT&T knows its might be late Oct. or Nov. But even that is not gaurantee. No one inside any department has a definite date, its all speculations because RIM is not evening telling. I'm cool with waiting I rather have a quality device with all the bugs fixed than a device I can not enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 07:44 AM
    I rather have a quality device with all the bugs fixed than a device I can not enjoy.

Couldn't agree more!! Orange were practically first worldwide and the units shipped with the worst bug filled OS ever .92!!
    09-15-08 07:49 AM
    put it this way, and this is all i CAN say....if the bold isn't released October 2nd, AT&T will not be getting the phone.
    09-15-08 07:51 AM
    put it this way, and this is all i CAN say..
    You know you wrong for this right? That's like tell someone " I want to tell but I can't tell, but I think you should know"! Lmbo I just joking with you scotts11. Shhh we won't say nothing lmbo.

09-15-08 08:07 AM
    Feelingsleepyyet1 there is no set date for the Bold release. Only thing AT&T knows its might be late Oct. or Nov. But even that is not gaurantee. No one inside any department has a definite date, its all speculations because RIM is not evening telling. I'm cool with waiting I rather have a quality device with all the bugs fixed than a device I can not enjoy.

My feelong also....I would rather wait for a quality device....I think that is the best bet.

09-15-08 08:15 AM
    Well, then the release date of October 2nd perhaps holds to be true afterall. I was rather perplexed that the ATT rep called me back to tell me that the Bold had been pushed back until December. Maybe, just maybe, they'll release it a little earlier than the 2nd. As a B2B customer of over 200 employees, you think they would have told me something. Sheesh.
    09-15-08 08:47 AM
    Just got off the phone with a retail store in Texas where i saw that imfamous release date email. He said that the corporate stores are getting them that week of the 24th and retail stores are getting the a week later. So that Oct 2 date may be whats really good
    09-15-08 10:34 AM
    AT&T stores here in NE ohio are telling me either last week of september or first week of october
    09-15-08 12:45 PM
    Couldn't agree more!! Orange were practically first worldwide and the units shipped with the worst bug filled OS ever .92!!
    BUT....

I've learnt a great deal, have had no real problems... and I had the smug satisfaction of knowing I had a device lusted after across the globe on the day of it's release, weeks before others could play with it.
    09-15-08 02:02 PM
    wow is this thing ever gonna come out?
    09-15-08 02:03 PM
    wow is this thing ever gonna come out?
    A few more weeks bro, a few more... I cant wait this will be my firs BB (Although i just bought a pearl off my boy for bootleg pricing) i havent even turned it on. I have my Skinz, screen protector, Jawbone 2, 8Gb micro Sd card and car charger for a flippin phone i dont even have yet.......
    09-15-08 02:41 PM
    I will also back up that none of the departments know what the release date will be as of now. What I can tell you is that the pressure is on the field testing groups to evaluate every SW and HW change that comes along VERY Quickly. I believe there is a lot of internal pressure to launch this thing soon...
    09-15-08 02:47 PM
    A few more weeks bro, a few more... I cant wait this will be my firs BB (Although i just bought a pearl off my boy for bootleg pricing) i havent even turned it on. I have my Skinz, screen protector, Jawbone 2, 8Gb micro Sd card and car charger for a flippin phone i dont even have yet.......
    Haha it sounds like you have the motor, interior and rims for a car that you don't even have. hahaha
    09-15-08 02:57 PM
    Haha it sounds like you have the motor, interior and rims for a car that you don't even have. hahaha
    cant looooose with 22sssss
    09-15-08 08:27 PM
    can't wait for it to come out so i can get rid of this iphone.
    09-15-08 08:43 PM
    I've given up on the Bold. All these delays have made me not want it anymore. I have decided to just paint my curve and get 4.5 once at&t puts that out. Although, considering their track record of how long it takes them to release products after they are announced....
    09-15-08 09:47 PM
    I will also back up that none of the departments know what the release date will be as of now. What I can tell you is that the pressure is on the field testing groups to evaluate every SW and HW change that comes along VERY Quickly. I believe there is a lot of internal pressure to launch this thing soon...
    this does not surprise me at all. to top it off, verizon has just savaged at&t with their storm announcement. they are strongly encouraging bloggers to gossip and they're promoting it as much as they can-- whereas at&t has been as quiet as possible. all these delays are ruining a lot of their potential future sales... i would much rather have a device that works, but at the same time, people are starting to lose interest. having a 5 month period between announcement and release is just horrible for all involved.

phonegeek, what date are they requesting your final testing notes back on the new hw/sw?
    09-16-08 01:20 AM
    can't wait for it to come out so i can get rid of this iphone.
    You too huh?

haha

I was planning on waiting a while for the Bold but I don't think I'm going to. We'll see. I'm still debating over whether I'm going to sell my iPhone 3G or keep it as a backup/toy phone. We'll see what kind of money I have when I get the Bold.
    09-16-08 08:36 AM
    My 8800 is working now and I have no contract so I am open. I really wanted the Bold and weeks ago I would have bought it but now I might what for the Javelin or even Storm, not sure but I would have bought the Bold day one, now I am not sure. I want 3g but they besides the 3g the Javelin is better so now I might just wait.
    09-16-08 11:02 AM
    cant looooose with 22sssss

Its the truth, but when your pushing them down a hill to get them to spin.....its just not right

I'm really about to head to AT&T headquarters and let them know what I am thinking...
    09-16-08 12:18 PM
    Its the truth, but when your pushing them down a hill to get them to spin.....its just not right

I'm really about to head to AT&T headquarters and let them know what I am thinking...
    I hear ya. I'm pretty irritated with AT&T right now too.
    09-16-08 01:25 PM
    Arent we all
    09-16-08 01:37 PM
    Just got off the phone with a corporate store round here and they didnt get that email about the release but said that they will have it on the 2nd and no pre-orders. Well see...but getting hype ya mean
    09-16-08 02:27 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD