Enough already, I thought that the PB keyboard was supposed to have been shipped by now? I want to use the PB for more than just "tapping" around but without the keyboard I ordered eons ago I am somewhat limited.

What's the latest?
    05-11-12 05:29 AM
    I saw this recently. It should shed some light.

http://v1.nonxt8.c.youtube.com/video...rect_counter=1
    Last edited by Ben1232; 05-11-12 at 05:43 AM.
    OldFatDog likes this.
    05-11-12 05:40 AM
    Link is blank and doesn't open for me Ben. If you think you are waiting too long and asking yourself where that keyboard could be.
    You can also try to contact the CB shop customer service for more information regarding your order.
    05-11-12 05:43 AM
    That one works
    05-11-12 05:44 AM
    The link worked for me . . . I hope I am higher on the list than I believe that I actually am. Oh well it will get here when it gets here!
    05-11-12 05:50 AM
    The link worked for me . . . I hope I am higher on the list than I believe that I actually am. Oh well it will get here when it gets here!
    I first put a tinyurl link up that I tested, it didnt work so i changed it

Did you order yours all that long ago ?
    Last edited by Ben1232; 05-11-12 at 05:55 AM.
    05-11-12 05:53 AM
    That one works
    Ok i couldn't watch the video because i'm at my work i need to install a video player in order to view the video.
    But i'm not gonna do that lol. Let me guess, it's the video where Kevin is at warehouse to tell about the PB KB delaying situation?
    05-11-12 05:54 AM
    Ok i couldn't watch the video because i'm at my work i need to install a video player in order to view the video.
    But i'm not gonna do that lol. Let me guess, it's the video where Kevin is at warehouse to tell about the PB KB delaying situation?
    Bingo hehe
    05-11-12 06:00 AM
    Guess what came in the email? . . . notification that my keyboard has shipped! Also today at our local Office Depot I bought a charging pod I found in a clearance buggy for $31.00. This was a PlayBook kind of day!
    05-11-12 04:27 PM
    Yeah!!! I got my email today too from ShopCrackberry....
    *Dancin'*

.. will be here Monday or Tuesday...
    05-11-12 06:54 PM
    Me, too. *Happy Dance*

Shipped from Florida by USPS Priority Mail. Due Mon or Tues. Happy Birthday to me!
    05-12-12 02:27 AM
    Are they only making a couple of a hundred at a time of these keyboards ? Tried to get one on Blackberry UK when it originally came out , missed it but did register to be informed when it was available , nearly 2 months down the line still no word ! Thought it might have appeared on Amazon by now.....
    05-12-12 03:14 AM
    Only the manufacturer would know how many they make at a time... at lest ShopCrackberry is now getting shipments in.

As for these keyboards showing up on Amazon.... they probably won't see any until all the pre orders are filled and stock is built up.
    05-12-12 10:33 AM
    The Dutch BB store appeared to had them in stock as of yesterday, option to order it for €89.99 incl shipping surfaced (before it indicated keep me notified as PP from UK)
    Ordered it immediately, no email received from my earlier keep me notified registration

Got an confirmation no from Shop BB, at another email etc; tracking status it now shows inventory holding, after first indicatief order processing. Hopefully it switchen to "shipped" after the weekend, they appear to be working mon - fri only, but have a local Amsterdam contact number to check in Monday

Will keep you posted
    05-12-12 10:49 AM
    ^hope it comes through! I'd also like to get one, from within the UK. Shipping from the cb shop was $50 and of course does not include VAT
    05-14-12 01:50 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluet...bUvbUpU7396521

I use this. It's a little awkward at first due to the trackpad, but it works great with the PB. Scroll buttons work, on-screen keyboard stays hidden, border gestures are available by moving the mouse pointer to the respective bezel. This one is backlit, has a bluetooth dongle, and even has a laser pointer! Battery life is superb. Out of the box with no initial charge it went 2 days strong with moderate use before the warning light came on. And paired with the HDMI... Awwww sheeit. My only gripe so far is the need to hold down shift with the button on the left side only. Now if only we could get some keyboard support for the pcsx emu...
    05-14-12 09:33 PM
    shipping confirmation just received, see attached screenshot!

Ordered it from Dutch ShopBlackBerry online store in May11, when it was showing inventory; orders over €60 have free national delivery by PostNL, and former part of TNT.
    Next day delivery usually.

Called Customer service last week, got transferred to UK of US/Canadian branch of ShopBlackBerry, who told me aan new shipment was due today, lol! Maybe this helper bumping my order up, anyway, I am happy

Will post aan review of my experiences later this week!
    05-21-12 08:31 AM
    I have heard you can go into a store and buy them in Canada. We will get them in the states by Xmas, maybe.
    05-21-12 08:39 AM
    When they brought up the 1s video of Kevin saying they got a shipment in, I went to RIM's own site and placed my order and received it on Tuesday. After I placed my order they were out of mini keyboards again. These things are leaving faster than they recieve them.
    05-21-12 08:46 AM
    I have heard you can go into a store and buy them in Canada. We will get them in the states by Xmas, maybe.
    Yes. The Source stores in Canada are carrying them and generally have stock if you are able to get to here. Not much consolation for the rest of the world.

I have had mine since March and this is one of the few times i've been typing without it. Hard to get used to thumb typing again!

Hopefully the orders start flowing more quickly. It's crazy how long some people have been waiting.
    05-21-12 09:32 AM
    Ordered mine from ShopCrackberry in mid March.... just got it late last week and loving it!.

It wasn't ShopCrackberry's fault either. Not much they could do when RIMM decided to have the Source be the first in the orders and stock.

Still getting used to the keyboard, but I do like it a lot!
    05-21-12 09:40 AM
    Still listed as "out of stock" on Crackberry.
    05-21-12 09:52 AM
    I'm sure they are still filling the back orders.
    05-21-12 09:58 AM
    I'm considering ordering one of these, and I was wondering about a couple of things, does it add enough ease of use to offset the extra bulk, can you use shortcuts like ctrl c, ctrl v, ctrl x or is this even possible with this operating system, do the keys rub against the screen when closed.
    05-21-12 10:04 AM
    I'm considering ordering one of these, and I was wondering about a couple of things, does it add enough ease of use to offset the extra bulk, can you use shortcuts like ctrl c, ctrl v, ctrl x or is this even possible with this operating system, do the keys rub against the screen when closed.
    It does have a lot of extra bulk. Totally worth it to me.

Yes you can use the control shortcuts. This was the main reason I wanted the keyboard.

And no, the keys never touch the screen.

The smaller size does take some getting used to but by now (i've had mine for 2 months ) i much prefer it.
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    05-21-12 04:53 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD