Hey guys! I am on android, but selling it and i have a bold 9000. I want to go back to it but im having some problems. I plug it up and the red light comes on. after about 3 minutes it goes off and a black screen with a battery icon with a red x through it shows up. Any ideas what it means? I've replaced the battery and replaced the charger. I plug it up through the computer and it recognizes that i plugged a device up. Please help.
    05-10-12 06:21 PM
    Plug it up and leave it alone. The battery icon means the battery is to low to operate the phone. Caused by sitting for a long period of time probably will you were using the android. Anyway it took mine about 5 days of being constantly plugged in to come back and boot up. I did over the course of the 5 days pull the battery one time and plug it back in. Anyway if you give it time it should bounce back but it will take a while.
    07-04-12 09:29 PM
    try wiping the software on it, using BBSak there are lots of threads for how to use it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-15-12 12:00 AM
    Could be a bad battery, happend to me, ordered a new one off of ebay and everything worked fine

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    07-15-12 09:17 AM
    Try to leave it connected to a PC for a day and see what happens, i think it will be fine after being connected to a PC for a few hours.
    07-16-12 01:59 AM
    I ended up knocking off the onboard battery to fix mine (sort of like taking the cmos battery off the motherboard in a pc). I take the battery out, take the onboard battery off for about a minute, put the onboard battery back on, hook up the charger and wait a minute or so for the red light to give way to the no battery symbol, insert battery and leave the phone alone for the next couple hours. The phone will start up when it has enough of a charge and continue charging from there. Had to do this every few weeks since my 9000 is my backup. Someone had a thread on here with a picture of the onboard battery's location. Instruction says to gently pry off... I had no luck with gently, and it broke off. Fortunately, the sticker didn't completely rip, and still holds it in place. I'll see if I can find that thread...

Ok, I think this is it... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ed-led-442737/
    Last edited by nomloj; 07-29-12 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Edited for adding link
    07-29-12 09:48 PM
    I just experienced the same thing on my old 9000 mcdanielmc89. It was the battery contacts on mine. They look clean and all but for some reason the battery was not getting a good enough contact. I wedged a small piece of a tooth pic between the top of the battery and the battery compartment wall. Works good as new now!

Hope that helps.
    07-31-12 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD