Been a berry user for a while (only brand smart phone i've owned), but this Galaxy S3 has me ready to buy, any other long time berry users plan on making the switch?
    05-10-12 04:37 PM
    Not really but what a cool device it is, i gotta wait for BB10.
    05-10-12 04:40 PM
    NO, not me, but see ya in a couple of months.....you'll be back. , enjoy your new device
    05-10-12 04:47 PM
    NO, not me, but see ya in a couple of months.....you'll be back. , enjoy your new device
    I remember when RIM used to say the same circa 2007. I used to as well.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    05-10-12 05:06 PM
    No, I'm going to wait on BB10. BTW what's so hot about the G3 that have you thinking?
    05-10-12 05:23 PM
    Yeah the way I look at it, by the time BB10 is in full swing it'll be time to re-up on another handset. I got the PB on launch and well.. we all know how that went. For me, feels like a great time to give another OS a chance.

I never really played with a droid device hands on before, I was in playing with the new 'Note' the other day as well as a galaxyS2 and was pretty blown away, then as I got home started reading about the GalaxyS3... has my name all over it.
    05-10-12 06:29 PM
    No, I'm going to wait on BB10. BTW what's so hot about the G3 that have you thinking?
    Having only owned blackberry devices, it's hard to explain, you really just gotta go take one for a test drive and see for yourself.
    05-10-12 06:31 PM
    Waitn too see the new BB devices with BB10 before I make a move

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 06:49 PM
    Not unless the U.S. versions get a major face lift.
    05-10-12 07:12 PM
    I'm ready to jump ship but just can't decide to which android phone. When is the S3 suppose to come? It is comin to Verizon right?
    05-10-12 09:09 PM
    Yeah the way I look at it, by the time BB10 is in full swing it'll be time to re-up on another handset. I got the PB on launch and well.. we all know how that went. For me, feels like a great time to give another OS a chance.

I never really played with a droid device hands on before, I was in playing with the new 'Note' the other day as well as a galaxyS2 and was pretty blown away, then as I got home started reading about the GalaxyS3... has my name all over it.
    All kidding aside, I hope the S3 is everything you want it to be and best of luck with your new device.......just don't drop it
    05-10-12 09:14 PM
    I'm ready to jump ship but just can't decide to which android phone. When is the S3 suppose to come? It is comin to Verizon right?
    Not sure if it's been officially announced but yeah, Verizon, ATT, and also heard T-mobile.
    05-11-12 07:47 AM
    no way that phone is uuugly
    05-11-12 08:07 AM
    I'm sticking with my Nexus. I just can't bring myself to go back to something with a big 'ol button on it.
    05-11-12 09:03 AM
    Staying with my Nexus until the end of the year. By then, BB10, the new iPhone and the new Nexus will be out. Real upgrades for my Galaxy Nexus IMO. The SGS3s hardware is great, but not that special compared to what I already have.

Quadrant scores mean nothing to me.
    05-11-12 11:57 AM
    If i still had my sgs2 even I doubt I'd really see a reason to get the sgs3... Also the styling is a downgrade.
    05-11-12 01:01 PM
    I was soooo pumped for the SGS2 and it turned out to be a huge disappointment. So I'm not really looking to jump to the SGS3.
    05-11-12 03:48 PM
    The SGS2 is one of the best phones I've owned and I'm getting the SGS3 for sure. Not even considering anything else right now.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    05-11-12 05:08 PM
    I was impressed with the S2 when I had it. There was no lag at all, it was light as a feather and the screen was amazing. However, I read the S3 is going to have a pentile display. I hear a lot of complaints about pentile displays. If you are used to an amoled or retina display, I don't know if pentile will cut it. I think pentile saves on the battery though. I have one line due for an upgrade in July and another in November, so I guess I will just have to wait and see what it looks like when it hits the shelves at AT&T.
    05-13-12 05:10 PM
    Yeah I had SGII, but will upgrade GIII on launch day!
    05-13-12 06:01 PM
    I have a galaxy nexus and I have no complaints about the screen. Screen is gorgeous and such an improvement from my old phone Samsung vibrant. I don't know what's the big deal about pen tile unless u view stuff from a microscope.
    05-13-12 11:01 PM
    I have a galaxy nexus and I have no complaints about the screen. Screen is gorgeous and such an improvement from my old phone Samsung vibrant. I don't know what's the big deal about pen tile unless u view stuff from a microscope.
    I think the screen is gorgeous as well and the only time I can see the pentile matrix is when I have the brightness low and I'm holding the device at a weird angle.

I do think Samsung should have used the Plus screen though. It is rumored to be on their Tizen device right now.

Samsung also made the excuse of Pentile lasting longer. Most contracts last 2-3 years. I'll take the screen quality over longevity, unless those screens only last a year lol.
    Last edited by avt123; 05-14-12 at 12:38 AM.
    05-14-12 12:36 AM
    Satisfied with the HTC One X so see no need to go back to Samsung.
    05-14-12 04:53 AM
    I had the choice between s3 and galaxy note, i went for the note and never looked bsck since
    05-14-12 04:11 PM
    I had 4 blackberries before giving in and begrudgingly switching to the S2.
    If blackberry had a faster processor and the camera I would have stayed.
    I haven't paid attention recently to what they have coming out since I am a ways off before I can upgrade again. I miss my BB and I miss the buttons on my phone. I'm not a touch screen person but I've adapted. I do like my browser and I like my navigator better then I did my VZ Nav.
    Oh and I miss how easy it was to move files onto my phone. Still haven't had time to figure that out on my S2.
    05-15-12 11:44 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD