All my bridged products work fine except for mail. It just started today... I tap to activate the bridged mail and the screen doesn't load, but just flashes. Other than wiping and starting from scratch, any suggestions?

Thanks.
    05-10-12 02:54 PM
    I must ask because it's the first thing you should always do.

Have you restarted your PlayBook?
    05-10-12 03:17 PM
    Yes... I've restarted and done a cold start.
    05-10-12 03:28 PM
    ***UPDATE***

I'm on the phone with BB PB tech support now.
    05-10-12 05:32 PM
    It happened to me as well when I have my bluetooth headphones connected to my phone at the same time.
    I fix it by turning off the headphones and cycling the bluetooth off and on my phone and then the bridge mail stops flashing.
    Last edited by jenkitp; 05-10-12 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Caps Lock
    CheekySheDevil likes this.
    05-10-12 06:29 PM
    The only sure way so far is a complete wipe, but it won't stay fixed, wiped mine and it stayed fixed for about a month and then came back. Search these forums, someone posted a link you can use as a bookmark and then access your bridge mail this way. This is working good fo me until RIM can get it fixed.
    CheekySheDevil likes this.
    05-10-12 06:37 PM
    The only sure way so far is a complete wipe, but it won't stay fixed, wiped mine and it stayed fixed for about a month and then came back. Search these forums, someone posted a link you can use as a bookmark and then access your bridge mail this way. This is working good fo me until RIM can get it fixed.
    Here it is

http://localhost:187/messages/
    ladybug473 likes this.
    05-10-12 08:11 PM
    ***Final Update***

I just spent the last few hours on the phone with BlackBerry. There IS a fix in the works for this flashing bridged message/mail window in the next OS update... HOWEVER, their temporary fix consists of turning off the WiFi connection, putting in your phone's IP address (for instance 000.0.0.1:187) in the browser which then takes you to your BlackBerry Bridge so you can get your messages, contacts, calendar...etc.

I've added it as a bookmark and is a helluva lot easier than wiping and reinstalling, only to have it happen again a few day/weeks later.
    05-10-12 08:33 PM
    I'm running the new beta 2.1.0.560 and I just got hit by this today. I don't remember having a problem previously in 2.0, but I did in 1.0. I hate to go through the hassle of a wipe and reload, but I don't see much choice until a new OS comes out to fix the problem. In the past I've noticed this issue when I am looking at an attachment to an email, but that was NOT the case today. Just reading normal emails with no attachments.
    06-27-12 09:29 AM
    Mine has done this twice. The first time I did a wipe and reload. The second time, I just did a complete restore from my most recent backup before the problem and that fixed it and got me 99% of my configuration that would have been lost from a wipe.
    06-27-12 10:29 AM
    is there actual fix for this??
    Its getting to be really annoying not being able to access the messages on my PB.
    08-02-12 05:23 PM
    No fix that i know of. RIM support did tell me that they are working on a fix.

Last 2 times it happened, i removed the deleted the bridge setup on the playbook and on the phone and then reset it up and it worked. Luckily i haven't had to do a wipe.
    08-02-12 06:47 PM
    'flashing bridged mail' happens to me several times (not too often)
    it's because I opened too many apps.., so I just kill other apps and restart the bridge mail.

lucky me.., it always work that way.
    08-02-12 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD