Here is the link for the petition:
    Petition: AT&T: Release the os 7.1 update for the blackberry torch 9810! | Change.org

lets end this injustice
    SoCalRedbird likes this.
    05-09-12 07:55 PM
    Why petition when all you have to do is install one of the leaks (not carrier approved, yet) or an approved one from another carrier?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-09-12 08:04 PM
    Agree no need for a petition with so many leak 7.1 OS that can be installed
    onto your 9810 in minutes.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-7-1-a-720685/
    05-09-12 08:15 PM
    and why a petition for the 9810. way more people on the 9900, lol
    05-09-12 08:48 PM
    By the time they release one it will be outdated anyway. Sucks, they aren't more progressive with Os updates, I hate having to find a PC to use to update.
    05-09-12 09:36 PM
    i did update, but many of my friends do not have the technical know how or are afraid to be on non-at&t sanctioned software. if enough of us sign the petition, maybe at&t will make the few keystrokes they need to send out the update (i know this because i know a blackberry admin for T-Mobile)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    bitek likes this.
    05-09-12 09:39 PM
    Injustice? You have to be kidding, right?

As noted above, it's easy enough to just load another carrier's release. And at NO TIME before, during or after the purchase of your device, were you promised or guaranteed ANY update to the device OS by the carrier.

If a user is too "afraid" to load an update, then they would be better served to just stick with what they have.

But to call this an "injustice" is is HUGE hyperbole. Wow.
    05-10-12 05:11 AM
    i did update, but many of my friends do not have the technical know how or are afraid to be on non-at&t sanctioned software. if enough of us sign the petition, maybe at&t will make the few keystrokes they need to send out the update (i know this because i know a blackberry admin for T-Mobile)

Even when ATT does release its OS, it will most likely be striped down from what the other carriers are giving their customers,
    IE, bridge for those of us that have playbooks and hotspots that are mostly free on other carriers....IMO, the leaks or a hybrid would be a better preference.
    05-10-12 11:41 AM
    It is hurting att and mostly blackberry by not having an official upgrade. Most people don't know about or how to load leaks. The att version battery life is dispicable compared to 7.1. Although my internet is more spunky on the official att 7.0 I use 7.1 leak. Not having the hotspot feature in today's market is a big lacking side of 7.0 and again most people aren't going to consider a phone that lacks an important feature and take a gamble that they can find a leak to enable it. Most just want something straight out the box that already does everything and has good battery life.
    05-13-12 05:35 PM
    Injustice? You have to be kidding, right?
    Entitlement brats. Don't try to figure their warped logic out.

My merit of reading this site, they have no grounds for complaining about OS releases, since Crackberry is the go-to source for installing other carriers' software to your phone without breaking it.
    05-14-12 11:50 AM
    Here is the link for the petition:
    Petition: AT&T: Release the os 7.1 update for the blackberry torch 9810! | Change.org

lets end this injustice

No need to petition; like other posters here have said, just install another official carrier release onto your AT&T phone. I have an international unbranded BB and am running 7.1.267, which is extremely stable (never crashed yet) and has incredible battery life.

Now, the only reason I was ticked AT&T is dragging their feet on an official release is that AT&T does not support mobile hotspot on the carrier level, since this was a feature within 7.1, and they don't support 7.1 at all yet. But since downloading the tether.com app....my Macbook Air is now truly mobile again WITHOUT AT&T's help.

EDIT: Also, if you think AT&T is performing an injustice, why do you stay with them? Just pay the ETF, ditch them, and try out other carriers' prepaid plans first before signing another contract. TMobile has a track record of releasing timely OS updates for Blackberry, why not give them a try versus trying to change AT&T's modus operandi?
    05-21-12 06:22 PM
    Like all above have said, even if they release it will be outdated by the time we got it--AND, they charge to use the hotspot so why bother when so many builds are available between the leaks and the other officials. Many here are running the .378 and the .402 without any problems and with the .378, there is no charge for the hotspot.
    05-21-12 08:31 PM
    Why petition when all you have to do is install one of the leaks (not carrier approved, yet) or an approved one from another carrier?
    Agree. AT&T is a conservative carrier. They won't be in the latest OS of any device. Except for iPhones where Apple is the one doing the upgrades, not AT&T. Is up to the customer to update their devices with the leaks versions.
    05-24-12 06:24 PM
    The best thing to do is just to install the OS from another carrier.
    05-28-12 08:08 AM
    Loading leaked OSs from other carriers cannot be done on a Mac. Many of us don't have access to a PC where it would be simple to load these leaks.

Come on, AT&T!!!
    05-28-12 10:34 AM
    i agree but why should we have to use another carriers. att is capable enough to release an official one. your a phone carrier be professional and a decent carrier to do so.
    07-04-12 03:26 PM
    just had a discussion with att. it is nowhere listed when 7.1 will be released.

the attitude was that blackberry is finished anyway. spoke for nearly an hour with a lovely gent in customer relations. he was very interested in my explanation on bb10 and how blackberry wasnt going under just yet.

he then told me that the stock is valued at over$18.00 but selling for $7.35. he thought that was positive and came to my way of thinking about blackberry.

he said he would pass it along but had no say about 7.1 release.

07-05-12 10:30 AM
    i was told i would void my warranty if i installed 7.1 on my own that wasnt their release. what does that mean? thats what is stopping me.

07-05-12 11:13 AM
    The warranty is not void...

You can simply reinstall the official release afterwards if you want.
    07-05-12 06:42 PM
    if i install a 7.1 release and have att. if i have a problem not related to the install will they no longer make a ticket connect me to rim as they have been doing? maybe thats the way to eliminate all problems. just install 7.1. thanks

07-05-12 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD