Is there anyway to stop the 9900 from ear dialing? I answer a call and the handset goes off and dials some number associated with that contact and I lose the connection!

Help!!! Suggestions, pointing in a direction to solve this would be greatly appreciated!
    05-09-12 11:01 AM
    I wish I could help but I have never experienced this. Can you offer any more details? Is this a recent thing? Has it always happened? What OS are you running?
    05-09-12 11:22 AM
    05-09-12 11:26 AM
    I haven't ever ear dialed but have activated the speakerphone. Not sure it wasn't how I handled the phone when answering it. I added a slide lock app (as mentioned above) & no longer have that problem.
    05-09-12 11:48 AM
    You might want check that the proximity sensor is working. When the phone is close to your face it should disable some features to prevent hangups and etc from your face, ear touching the screen. The proximity sensor is just to the left of the led, between the earpiece speaker and the led.
    05-09-12 11:55 AM
    I haven't ever ear dialed but have activated the speakerphone.

I do this too, once when my female friend was having a very... ummmm... intimate convo with me lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 01:04 PM
    question: will locking the handset while talking on the phone work?

05-09-12 01:06 PM
    Is there anyway to stop the 9900 from ear dialing? I answer a call and the handset goes off and dials some number associated with that contact and I lose the connection!

Happened to me 2 days back and it was pretty embarrassing dialing someone at 2 am in the morning

I haven't ever ear dialed but have activated the speakerphone.
    Had this too cpl of times ...

Best is to LOCK the phn on calls ....................
    longtail likes this.
    05-09-12 01:57 PM
    I've had this happen to me too on a couple of calls. Any solution would be greatly appreciated.
    05-09-12 02:06 PM
    just answered my own question: locked the phone while talking and it remains locked whether on your face or backlit

05-09-12 03:08 PM
    I always used to mute the calls on accident. I downloaded talklock and I love it.
    Locking your phone manually is good too, but I know I wouldn't remember to do it every time.
    05-09-12 03:10 PM
    Once again crackberry answers a question before i ask it...my speaker suddenly activated a couple days ago..i had this icky feeling something was wrong with my phone..nice to know this isn't unheard of! Gotta try talk lock...thanks folks!
    05-09-12 09:36 PM
    Well I have had my 9900 since they released, I had never ear dialed before. Now since the last update, I have ear dialed almost daily. When I call someone, and put the phone to my ear, it puts them on hold, and calls some one who I have called recently, (the recent calls are still on the dialing screen). I'm convinced its due to the recent update. have really embarrassed myself this way a couple of times, (because at first I didn't know it was happening, and I end up getting one of my friends wondering wtf). Also I have been a die hard bb fan for years, but my loyalty is starting to tank.
    06-25-12 11:24 AM
    Same here, fine with the original OS but every update thru .437 I have tried has issues. I am trying to determine if it related to an installed app or if it is OS related. I can see the back light go on and off when it is acting up with the phone at my ear. Currently I am on .391 with no apps installed, too soon to confirm. The talk lock and face lock apps do not solve the problem, they fail to lock just like the proximity sensor, I have tried them all.

I am suspecting Biztrackit is the culprit on my phone as I had the same problem with my 9800. Time will tell.
    06-25-12 12:38 PM
    If u guys are stil having issues with this Advance OS and LED has added a Call Screen Lock feature into the V13.8 update tht was released today. It will lock ur screen when a call is connected and unlock whenits disconnected. Also the app has a ton of other great features in it and its all FREE.
    Free Advance OS and LED - Download Advance OS and LED - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    06-25-12 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD