So when iphone users send a group text, everyone's reply is broadcast to everyone else. What I've been doing is deleting the text, then just sending a new text to the original sender. But, on os7 it just opens up the original thread, just with the group text sent. Is that good enough? Or is it the same as just replying?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 10:39 AM
    I hate that iPhone group text I end up replying to the wrong person everytime. I think it probably works good from iPhone to iPhone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 10:56 AM
    So when iphone users send a group text, everyone's reply is broadcast to everyone else. What I've been doing is deleting the text, then just sending a new text to the original sender. But, on os7 it just opens up the original thread, just with the group text sent. Is that good enough? Or is it the same as just replying?

Let's see if I got this. Are you worried you are essentially replying to all if your outgoing text is getting merged with the group text? If so, I'd check the list of phone numbers/contacts on top of each composed text message. I have this option in OS6, I would expect you do too in OS7.
    05-09-12 01:46 PM
    Let's see if I got this. Are you worried you are essentially replying to all if your outgoing text is getting merged with the group text? If so, I'd check the list of phone numbers/contacts on top of each composed text message. I have this option in OS6, I would expect you do too in OS7.
    That's what I did when I used an OS6 BlackBerry. I had the same issue with the iPhone group texts. I'd end up replying to everyone, and even getting texts from people asking who I was, since we did not know each other.
    05-09-12 01:53 PM
    Then I guess the OP will need to be extra careful when replying to a group text and delete whichever phone numbers he doesn't want his reply going to.
    05-09-12 01:56 PM
    i HATE group text, it's so confusing
    05-09-12 02:12 PM

I dont have this option. Os7 texts are setup in chat style. the ONLY reason I know the text that i receive is a group text from an iphone user is because it will say "subject:" before the message.

05-09-12 02:15 PM
    For me, with a bold 9930 sprint, I cannot participate in group MMS conversations, nor can I reply to all. I am posting in every related thread until I find out why! no help from sprint or blackberry, they just pass the buck to the other party and neither acknowledges that they have anything to do with it.
    02-18-13 02:56 PM
    Group texts are the worste..... For that reason alone I tell ppl I don't texts... Iphoners love that crap... I tell em if they don't have bbm which obviously they don't or whatsapp then they better not text me.... Send me a email instead
    02-18-13 03:40 PM
    That's a solution but I would really rather it worked for me as it works for everyone else!!
    02-18-13 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD