I have a 16gb playbook running os 2, and the microphone has never worked! It doesn't work with the sound recorder or video camera! Any ideas on what I should do?? It didn't work when I was on os 1 either...
    05-09-12 08:33 AM
    If your PB is old enough to have been running OS1, I'm guessing it's over the 90 day warranty period. Any reason you didn't call RIM about this when you first discovered the problem? A microphone not working in two pieces of software usually indicates it's a hardware problem.
    05-09-12 09:02 AM
    my microphone wasn't working also...i found that if i flexed...(GENTLY)..the opposite corners of the playbook it would work...so i assumed i had put some pressure on the playbook while travelling and somehow it shorted out the microphone.

My mic works now
    05-09-12 09:39 AM
    I recently experienced an issue with my headphone jack ( was getting little sound out of one of the earphones ). My PlayBook was within a one year manufacturer's warranty( just!), I called RIM and they were quick to resolve things. FedEx turned up the next day and the PlayBook was shipped to the repair centre in Germany. Within 2 days the PlayBook was on its way back fully fixed. Can't praise RIM enough. It certainly sounds like you have hardware issues, if you are covered by a warranty I would recommend giving them a call
    05-09-12 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD